Ulta Beauty

There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

Horrible management!

Former Employee - Cashier/Task Associate in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Cashier/Task Associate in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (less than a year)

Pros

-25% off Retail Discount
-50% off Salon Services
-Relaxed Enviornment

Cons

Communication is horrible! At least at the Ulta I worked, they would send employees home early to save money, and if you don't live very close by it ends up being a waste of gas coming in! On more than one occasion I came in only to find out they cut me out for the day without even calling. Waste of time and gas, plus I canceled plans in order to go to work that wasn't even there for me. They take forever to set up the weekly schedule too and definitely only give out hours to their favorites. There was barely any training, but if you know a lot about make up you'll glide right in. The customers aren't too bad, and the environment is pretty relaxed. I would've stayed longer if it weren't for the terrible management and the lack of hours they give. It was weird that employees were complaining about not having adequate hours, yet they were interviewing for seasonal positions??

Be more communicative and actually put up the schedule when you say the schedule will be up.

971 Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty (View Most Recent)

Decent part-time job for high school or college student

Former Employee - Cashier in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in San Mateo, CA

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good employee discount, especially during the holidays.
    Easy work that does not require a degree.
    You get a chance to play around with the tester products.

Cons

Minimal pay.
    Angry customers that don't read the fine print on their coupons.
    Dealing with theft.

Proofread and spell check the memos that you send to the stores, because they are oftentimes filled with mistakes, which makes the company look unprofessional.
    Make sure that the store managers actually give the gratis to the subordinates - some managers are greedy and hog the free stuff for themselves.
    Try to incorporate more high-end vendors, such as Makeup Forever, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, or Inglot.

Never work at Ulta

Former Employee - Cashier in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (less than a year)

Pros

25% off Retail Discount
    50% off Salon Services

Cons

*Bad Managers

*little working hours

*they don't hire cleaning crews so you mop and sweep, while the managers count money all the way up until midnight

*brow bar is a rip off they wax off almost all of your eyebrows, and then fill them back in with a $30 kit
    and don't just think your getting your brows done, there gonna talk you in to buying at least 3 products fo $40 or more

*you can't tell the customers the truth about products,they actually tell everyone to lie.

* they hand out coupons for things customers don't want

* and if you want to make money you have to lie to get people to sign up for allure & glamour magazines (PEOPLE ALWAYS GET MAD AT YOU WHEN THEY GET CHARGED)

*You have to make customers wait for lead cashier or manager (and this always takes forever) if a customer needs a return or exchange. And if you've ever worked retail, this is a big pain.

Learn how to Manage