Ulta Beauty

There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

Don't see much progress

Current Employee - Cashier in Seal Beach, CA
Current Employee - Cashier in Seal Beach, CA

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Employee discount is around 25%, flexible schedule for the most part, some cool new up and coming brands like napoleon perdis.

Cons

Cut hours, low wage, no gratis, rude customers at times who will blame you for the crappy coupons they send out, management is rude and talks about employees /customers behind their backs, unfulfilled promises from management to give more hours, schedule for the following work week doesn't come out until Friday or even SATURDAY!, understaffing, no time to actually work on improving your salesmanship.

The management called a meeting on Saturday morning to discuss the new holiday schedule. When there the manager told everyone that store hours would be extended for the Xmas season and we all should expect to see an increase in our hours. It's been about 4 weeks since that meeting and not only have my hours been cut drastically but they have also called me a couple times not to come in for my scheduled work hours. Translation, we don't have any hours to give to anyone expect our 6 managers! I mean I honestly rue the fact that you wasted my Saturday just to lie to my face about hours. It's also not just me, I look at the schedule every week and there are others who's hours consist of 0.

Try not to over hire strait out of the gate and maybe your employees won't be so dissatisfied with the low or no hours. Hire less managers, managers get a minimum of 40 hours/week and with 6 managers there is no hours for any other employees. Don't put up another Ulta Beauty less than 5 miles away from each other, how are you expecting to get any good business or traffic? Bad business and bad marketing.

852 Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty (View Most Recent)

Unorganized and unprofessional

Current Employee - Cashier in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Cashier in Portland, OR

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time

Pros

Good discount and some friendly coworkers. Most customers were courteous and thankful for extra discounts given at cash wrap.

Cons

No hours were given (often 4-6 hrs/week), managers seemed resentful when cashiers needed to call them for returns or to get into the register. Overall, everyone acted very unprofessionally. Also, training was both minimal and unhelpful.

If you call or go into your stores every once in awhile you can see how terribly they are being run. It often takes a minute or more to reach someone on the phone because cashiers are often too busy and there is only one phone for the 5+ registers.

Horrible management!

Former Employee - Cashier/Task Associate in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier/Task Associate in Tampa, FL

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-25% off Retail Discount
    -50% off Salon Services
    -Relaxed Enviornment

Cons

Communication is horrible! At least at the Ulta I worked, they would send employees home early to save money, and if you don't live very close by it ends up being a waste of gas coming in! On more than one occasion I came in only to find out they cut me out for the day without even calling. Waste of time and gas, plus I canceled plans in order to go to work that wasn't even there for me. They take forever to set up the weekly schedule too and definitely only give out hours to their favorites. There was barely any training, but if you know a lot about make up you'll glide right in. The customers aren't too bad, and the environment is pretty relaxed. I would've stayed longer if it weren't for the terrible management and the lack of hours they give. It was weird that employees were complaining about not having adequate hours, yet they were interviewing for seasonal positions??

Be more communicative and actually put up the schedule when you say the schedule will be up.

There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty