Ulta Beauty

There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

What a waste of time!

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pensacola, FL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun working atmosphere (on the rare occasion you get to work) - opportunity to learn more about the products) - clean, bright atmosphere

Cons

Hired twice as many employees than they needed when store opened 2 months ago. Got plenty of hours during set up and Grand Opening then virtually nothing since. We were led to believe that a "part-time job" would be 15-20 hours a week now, if you're lucky you'll get 4 hours a week and many weeks NO hours at all. Store managers say that upper mgmt. is making them "cut hours" and they don't have any budgets to work anyone. I've been the only employee in the retail part of the store and have been sent home to have the managers do all the work including cashiering. Most of the shifts for Black Friday were cancelled and I have had ZERO hours during the Christmas rush ... sure can't expect any after the holidays, either. I have to go through the humiliation of calling in every Friday and being told I'm not scheduled for the next week. I really love this store and just want to go into work and help make it a success but I feel like I'm being treated like dirt and strung along. This is the unprofessional outfit I've ever experienced!

DON'T OVER-HIRE!! If you are going to consider someone an employee give them some work. Have schedules ready earlier than 2 days before the work week.

926 Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty (View Most Recent)

Don't see much progress

Current Employee - Cashier in Seal Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Seal Beach, CA

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Employee discount is around 25%, flexible schedule for the most part, some cool new up and coming brands like napoleon perdis.

Cons

Cut hours, low wage, no gratis, rude customers at times who will blame you for the crappy coupons they send out, management is rude and talks about employees /customers behind their backs, unfulfilled promises from management to give more hours, schedule for the following work week doesn't come out until Friday or even SATURDAY!, understaffing, no time to actually work on improving your salesmanship.

The management called a meeting on Saturday morning to discuss the new holiday schedule. When there the manager told everyone that store hours would be extended for the Xmas season and we all should expect to see an increase in our hours. It's been about 4 weeks since that meeting and not only have my hours been cut drastically but they have also called me a couple times not to come in for my scheduled work hours. Translation, we don't have any hours to give to anyone expect our 6 managers! I mean I honestly rue the fact that you wasted my Saturday just to lie to my face about hours. It's also not just me, I look at the schedule every week and there are others who's hours consist of 0.

Try not to over hire strait out of the gate and maybe your employees won't be so dissatisfied with the low or no hours. Hire less managers, managers get a minimum of 40 hours/week and with 6 managers there is no hours for any other employees. Don't put up another Ulta Beauty less than 5 miles away from each other, how are you expecting to get any good business or traffic? Bad business and bad marketing.

Unorganized and unprofessional

Current Employee - Cashier in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Cashier in Portland, OR

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time

Pros

Good discount and some friendly coworkers. Most customers were courteous and thankful for extra discounts given at cash wrap.

Cons

No hours were given (often 4-6 hrs/week), managers seemed resentful when cashiers needed to call them for returns or to get into the register. Overall, everyone acted very unprofessionally. Also, training was both minimal and unhelpful.

If you call or go into your stores every once in awhile you can see how terribly they are being run. It often takes a minute or more to reach someone on the phone because cashiers are often too busy and there is only one phone for the 5+ registers.

There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty