There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

It's crazy to see that not only my ulta stinks.

Current Employee - Prestige Consultant in Wilmington, DE
Current Employee - Prestige Consultant in Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pro? Hmmm I guess some of the staff I have gotten very close too. And the discount isn't to bad.

Cons

Schedule is never up on time, hours are horrible. Management is money hungry, does not care about employees. There's a high turnover, they can't keep anyone. You are more of a cleaning lady then anything else. Pay is not good. Getting gratis is like pulling teeth. I think its givin to everyone else but presitge. No room for growth.. Is very stressful place to work for.

764 Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty (View Most Recent)

Don't see much progress

Current Employee - Cashier in Seal Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Cashier in Seal Beach, CA

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Employee discount is around 25%, flexible schedule for the most part, some cool new up and coming brands like napoleon perdis.

Cons

Cut hours, low wage, no gratis, rude customers at times who will blame you for the crappy coupons they send out, management is rude and talks about employees /customers behind their backs, unfulfilled promises from management to give more hours, schedule for the following work week doesn't come out until Friday or even SATURDAY!, understaffing, no time to actually work on improving your salesmanship.

The management called a meeting on Saturday morning to discuss the new holiday schedule. When there the manager told everyone that store hours would be extended for the Xmas season and we all should expect to see an increase in our hours. It's been about 4 weeks since that meeting and not only have my hours been cut drastically but they have also called me a couple times not to come in for my scheduled work hours. Translation, we don't have any hours to give to anyone expect our 6 managers! I mean I honestly rue the fact that you wasted my Saturday just to lie to my face about hours. It's also not just me, I look at the schedule every week and there are others who's hours consist of 0.

Try not to over hire strait out of the gate and maybe your employees won't be so dissatisfied with the low or no hours. Hire less managers, managers get a minimum of 40 hours/week and with 6 managers there is no hours for any other employees. Don't put up another Ulta Beauty less than 5 miles away from each other, how are you expecting to get any good business or traffic? Bad business and bad marketing.

Wonderful team, great management, interesting products. My favorite job to date.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

25% product discout, 50% salon services.

Good consistant sales on pro hair product, awesome new reward system.

We get to play with fun products, and get pretty good trainings on them. Gratis is given from vendors.

Encouraged to have fun on the sales floor, and to be honest.

Awesome communication.

Cons

Company reaching out too far, can't staff or pay stores they already have.

Selling over-hyped priced-up junk from China. Home Ulta brand is very cheap.

Too many coupons, and too many people who don't bother to read the fine print. I think if one were to make the coupons quarterly and to be used on everything, people would be more happy.

Too many salon "deals," which are confusing, and they are only for new clients. I think current clients deserve a treat!

Management has a tendancy to guilt trip those recieving gratis like it's theft and that we don't deserve it. I also hate having my bag checked in front of all my clients. I'd rather have it done in the back in private.

Stop opening new stores and focus on the ones that are in exsistance. Stop buying and marketing garbage from China and focus on quality. Cut back on the coupons. Omit the Allure/Glamour. No one likes them! Use the hours you have to have classes for the salon for continuing education.
    And stop being so safe! It's 2012, time to break out of your shell!

There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty