Ulta Beauty
www.ulta.com Bolingbrook, IL 5000+ Employees

If you are not in upper level management you don't matter.

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Detroit, MI

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company gives you gratis for new products in hopes you could sell the product better. 25% discount and discounted salon services.

ConsThe problem with gratis is it usually goes to the prestige team but at my store we never where given enough prestige hours and management was usually running the sales floor. Not enough budgeted hours for tasking or prestige, and most of the time a manager would be running the cash wrap or sales floor.
Little pay for the tasks you were expected to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview your budgets for hours on tasking, if you designated more time for tasking it would allow for more service on the floor and increase in sales. Take into consideration if someone went to school for management, and pay them accordingly.

They led me on to believe they were a great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time for less than a year

Pros: -A good discount. -Free haircut with employment. -Good discount on salon services. -Customers… Cons: -Employees are incredibly stuck up regardless of what they try to tell you beforehand. -Management treats you like crap. -Pay is low. Maybe I wasn't there long enough,… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your employees like decent human beings. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It's crazy to see that not only my ulta stinks.

Prestige Consultant (Current Employee)
Wilmington, DE

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pro? Hmmm I guess some of the staff I have… Cons: Schedule is never up on time, hours are horrible. Management is money hungry, does not care about employees. There's a high turnover, they can't keep… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ulta Beauty.

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ulta Beauty reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ulta Beauty CEO Mary Dillon. All reviews posted anonymously by Ulta Beauty employees.