Ulta Beauty

www.ulta.com

Laughable hours, horrible work experience

Former Employee - Prestige Consultant  in  Livonia, MI
Former Employee - Prestige Consultant in Livonia, MI

Pros

- good products to work with

Cons

- for prestige: may tell you to expect 30 hrs/week, when i quit i was getting less than 5
- management (not LP) watching you on store cameras, telling you to hound customers in your earpiece
- all employees have extra cleaning/maintenance tasks that should be contracted out
- open sales environment means customers don't NEED to be helped, so prestige consultants are often sent home early
- never more than one prestige consultant scheduled at once, yet expected to handle an entire salesfloor

it would be nice if store managers didn't lie during interviews or give overinflated expectations, especially if employees can't also work for a competitor; management needs to be more concerned with advertisement and getting customers into stores rather than watching employees' every move.

Other reviews for Ulta Beauty

Loved it, but

Current Employee - Task Team Member  in  Seal Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Task Team Member in Seal Beach, CA

Pros

got hired to put the store together before the grand opening. worked almost every day for a week with 8 hour shift. got ample breaks about 4, 3-15 minute breaks and a half hour lunch plus 2 free bottles of water. Work tired you out but it was simple to do and was $9.00 an hour which was great! the discount was amazing as well, 20% off everything, even sale and a free haircut when hired. all was well until the store finally opened. The last time I worked was the grand opening and I haven't worked since then (over 2 months). I asked 2 times for some hours, ANY at all but all I got in reply was they didn't have the payroll for it and if anything comes up they'll contact me back. I guess most temporary task(stock) employees aren't given any hours after the opening. the only employees ive seen working there since are higher up in the business like the head of clinique makeup artist, the hairstylists, managers, and 1 maybe 2 cashiers. no task. its a shame, since i love working there but can't get any hours.

Cons

no hours. basically you're in the system as employeed, but you don't get any hours if you're a temporary task member

give at least some hours to the task members instead of giving it to just the managers and higher paid employees. some people have no income while you keep giving it to others who already make more than twice what you do.

They led me on to believe they were a great company to work for.

Pros

-A good discount.
    -Free haircut with employment.
    -Good discount on salon services.
    -Customers are friendly.

Cons

-Employees are incredibly stuck up regardless of what they try to tell you beforehand.
    -Management treats you like crap.
    -Pay is low.

Maybe I wasn't there long enough, but they barely gave me a chance to even show what kind of employee I am. I worked there for a few weeks and I really enjoyed it. Management always talked down to me, but I looked past it, trying to prove to them that I was great with sales and interacting with customers. Before I knew it though, I had zero hours for three weeks straight. That's when I stopped embarrassing myself by showing up and calling to check the schedule. I tried to stay with them and push through but in the end, I couldn't take the disrespectful treatment I was receiving.

Treat your employees like decent human beings.

There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty.

Worked for Ulta Beauty? Contribute to the Community!