great experience and environment

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time

Pros

professional,energetic and friendly work environment

Cons

advancement abilities and lack of benefits

Advice to Management

promote from within the company

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Management does not know how to treat and keep good employees.

Former Employee - Cashier in Puyallup, WA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Puyallup, WA

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff at Ulta is all very nice and it's a fun place to work. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly.

Cons

Too many employees are hired and given very few hours. Some hired at the location I worked at had not yet worked after two months! There are never enough in the store to help customers in the way the company expects. Management holds "team meetings" where they stress how important it is to be a big happy family where everyone is efficient and knows product placement, but that is hard to achieve when some are rarely or never even in the store to learn these things.

Advice to Management

Give your employees more hours so they can develop the skills and company loyalty you expect. And don't give "on call' shifts-nobody wants to call in week after week only to be told they aren't needed.

Pretty easy and stress free if you don't mind the low pay.

Former Employee - Cashier/Task Associate in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Cashier/Task Associate in Louisville, KY

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Time really flies by when you're a cashier. The lines. especially on weekends was insane so keeping busy was good. Management was pretty fair and understanding. No pressure to come in a work sick or if you had an emergency. The discount isn't huge but still nice, especially on clearance items.

Cons

The pay is ridiculous. $.7.50 an hour. It was okay for me because I didn't need to earn much from a part time job. If you really need to earn a living and need more than money for extras, this is not for you. The pressure to get people to sign up for Instyle magazine is horrible. One of my fellow employess was threatened to be fired if she didn't sell more magazines. I also felt like the customers were put off by it as well.

Advice to Management

Sometimes I felt that there were too many managers on the floor at once. Being asked to do one thing by one person only to have another tell you that it's wrong is confusing.