Love my Job

Current Employee - Prestige Consultant in Geneva, IL
Current Employee - Prestige Consultant in Geneva, IL

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for three years, they have been very good to me.I have been promoted and would like to go further with company.

Cons

Management and Corporate somewhat inconsistent. Not sure what policies are from day to day. Stores seem to all do things differently.

Advice to Management

Don't act like you are better than your team. We truly need to be a team to succeed. Let team know we are valued, don't speak down to us.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If There Was An Option For No Stars.....

Current Employee - Lead Cashier in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Lead Cashier in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Discount -Flexible schedule -Salon discount is nice That's about it.

Cons

-Horrible pay -Underappreciated -Extremely demanding for no reason -Made to bleach down the whole store (IN ALL BLACK!) but they won't provide an allowance for all the clothes you mess up -You're more of a janitor than a cashier -Entitled customers that don't understand the concept of a coupon with fine print. You've been a "loyal" customer for "years" yet you still don't know that you can't use a 3.50 coupon on Bare Minerals. -No breaks -You can barely keep water at the cash wrap and they when you ask to go get some they look at you as if you're going to be gone for hours. You end up feeling like you're an inmate smuggling cigarettes. -After 3 years, and constantly being recognized as the only person who contributes to Brand success, there's still no benefits, breaks, or pay. A .14cent raise? really? -The only reason I'm still here is because I like getting my hair done for 20 bucks :)

Advice to Management

Stop being so cheap! If your employees feel appreciated and valued, the customer service would be extraordinary. But when you treat your employees like crap,

Great company, unorganized management

Current Employee - Hair Designer I in Bourbonnais, IL
    Current Employee - Hair Designer I in Bourbonnais, IL

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing hands on Redken Education, walk in clients on busy days, store discount, coupons and promotional material

Cons

Running out of product, schedule changes without notice, "senior designers" use all the D1 promotions for themselves, Ran out of shampoo, foils, lightener, 10,20&30 vol developer and product even though you are filled with an entire store of it. Stylists are allowed to come and go as they please without any repercussion. If the salon manager is late on a daily basis what kind of tone does that set for your stylists!? This store treats Designer 1s like they are expendable. I picked up shifts, stayed late, came in early and got taken advantage of, because in the end it is all about the numbers to them, not that your a great employee. Also for a store full of women the break room/ table with a microwave is so filthy!

Advice to Management

Clean up your store, and keep an eye on salon management. I loved working for your company but after 5 months I was still being used like a salon rag I couldn't take it anymore. Perhaps hiring a salon manager that is interested in the success of the salon as a whole, not just her and her friend. Maybe an inventory system?! I think the company actually uses one but my Salon manager refused, we were told to leave her notes.