Great company to work for if you want to be in the Corporate Beauty Industry

Current Employee - Skin Therapist in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Skin Therapist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Structure, professionalism, known expectations and goal setting. Great management staff. Opportunities for growth. A captive clientele. Easy to build book of business if you are sales and marketing oriented.

Cons

Standing for long periods of time ... could be tough for some people. For some, they may not like that it is very "corporate".

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

This store has HORRIBLE managment!!!

Former Employee - Hairstylist in West Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Hairstylist in West Melbourne, FL

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The 25% Discount on products the makeup reps were nice always provided training and were very friendly!

Cons

The managment is very cliquey and rude there very judgmental and snooty to customers as well as their staff they expect you to do everything for them and they don't lift a finger to help and as far as working in the salon the manager is very lazy doesn't help out with cleaning expects you to do everything as far as phones,clients in your chair, and help guests on the floor she just stands behind her chair without helping anyone. It's very frustrating trying to stretch yourself so far while trying to satisfy your paying customer. The salon manager would expect you to clean her color bowls she never took out trash or folded towels laziest manager I've EVER had in my life she didn't even clean her own station. There was no sense of teamwork she would make the employees she didn't like do all the closing duties and would hang out with other salon employees outside of work on a daily basis VERY unprofessional while making her other employees feel horrible if they asked her a simple question which was not fair at all she picks favorites and treats the rest of her staff like dirt on the bottom of her shoe no matter how hard they tried to please her. I was top sales in this salon for almost three years I closed 4 out of 5 nights that I worked I always had to do everything other coworkers barely helped after I would work a 9 hour shift on Saturdays nothing would be done I'd be there cleaning for an hour because nothing was done and when I reported it I was told more people would have to help but that never happened. I was treated very unfair didn't matter how hard I worked some coworkers would call out on a weekly basis I called out twice in 3years. They fired me at 7months pregnant for an altercation my coworker started I tried giving my side of the story and my salon manager said "I don't want to hear it" picking her favorites once again I felt like they ganged up on me I was told I need help because other coworkers were threatening me about stealing my clientele on a weekly basis and I felt uncomfortable when I reached out they just ignored me and started treating me very poorly making me get on my hands and knees to clean dusty cabinets the salon manager is a horrible person for treating one of her hardest working employees like crap and this whole store needs new managment the store manager is very rude to her employees every month for almost 3 years an employee has quit always saying it was because of her and how snooty she was to them we went threw cashiers and managers like crazy I couldn't even keep up! I was surprised she was never put under investigation.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your hard working employees like dirt

2. Great place to start out...

Current Employee - Lead Cashier
    Current Employee - Lead Cashier

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Amazing co-workers -Good discount -Many part time positions available. -Works well with other jobs -Always busy, even on slow days

Cons

-It's retail...you can only do it for so long -Unless in Management (which has very few positions) it's impossible to live off your own salary. -Ability to move up in the company, if willing to travel. -All positions are part time unless your a GM, assistant manager, or salon management

Advice to Management

Train the employees more thoroughly. I'm a lead cashier and find myself training employees on things management should have covered during training.