Ulta Beauty

www.ulta.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

Desire to elevate career path

Current Employee - Clinique Manager in San Marcos, CA
Current Employee - Clinique Manager in San Marcos, CA

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

love the beauty industry
enjoy the challenge of sales goals

Cons

late nights and weekends without appropriate coverag

create positive partnership with staff

974 Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty (View Most Recent)

Former creative: terrible experience!

Current Employee - Creative in Bolingbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Creative in Bolingbrook, IL

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free beauty products almost weekly, dry cleaning services, starbucks coffee available for purchase, on-site cafeteria food options, yearly deep discounts in-store

Cons

Despite a stellar performance review I was constantly verbally abused by my manager. She was unkind to the point of not saying hello to anyone in the halls. She built a case against me and essentially fired me although I never missed a deadline, exceeded in my creative craft and got along with all members of the team.
    Additionally the creative director would do my job in front of me. I sat there watching. I was available to work yet he took over and it left me twiddling my thumbs. As if I did not exist.

Open your eyes and don't let the "mean girls" there continue to run the show. There are good, talented, hardworking people being crapped on. It costs you more money to chase the good people away, anyway.

Former skin therapist

Current Employee - Esthetician II in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Esthetician II in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Discount, free salon services(if you work in the salon, 50% off for retail employees).

Cons

Terrible pay, company doesn't value employees whatsoever(ie: everyone is replaceable), huge disconnect between corporate and stores.

Rethink your pay structure as a whole, and specifically salon pay. Minimum wage doesn't cut it, and I would bet that there are zero skin therapists in the company who actually make commission. The business is not there, and you will continue to have an astronomical turnover rate in the salon until you decide to value your employees and pay fair wages. You are the Walmart of beauty stores; an inflated, greedy billion-dollar corporation that refuses to pay your employees a living wage.

There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty