Ulta Beauty

There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

Impersonal, gossipy

Former Employee - Beauty Consultant in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Beauty Consultant in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great employee discount, they enforced break times, simple work, Not many pros to be completely honest.

Cons

No room for career growth, very corporate mindset, loss prevention is ALWAYS before selling, lots of gossip and drama between employees, poor guarantee of hours (could be 25, could be 10) No one but management allowed full time, and part timers are rarely scheduled consistently enough to get any sort of coverage or benefits.

853 Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty (View Most Recent)

Good Experience

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor
    Former Employee - Beauty Advisor

I worked at Ulta Beauty part-time

Pros

Worked part time in retail. Great coworkers and laid back atmosphere. Working for Ulta was probably my favorite part time job.

Cons

I don't know if they still have this partnership with InStyle, but I really hated asking every customer if they wanted to sign up for two free issues of InStyle magazine since it felt deceitful not to tell them that they're actually subscribing for a year. If they asked, we don't lie, but it's not a part of the initial pitch because we needed as many people to sign up as possible.

Could be a fun place

I have been working at Ulta Beauty full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salary, benefits, gratis, variety, world of beauty

Cons

Not enough hours to do it all, low pay for non management associates, employee discount should be higher

Decide if you want to be in a customer service driven business then align corporate values to match.

There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty