Ulta Beauty

www.ulta.com
  www.ulta.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty

It's OK, but I think it depends which store you are working in.

Current Employee - Prestige Consultant
Current Employee - Prestige Consultant

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The discount and gratis is definitely a plus

Cons

Unless you are management you are strictly part-time. Period. There is room for growth, but only if you're "in" with the managers, regardless of your ability to do your job. Corporate makes ridiculous demands; I'd like them to go HALF a day doing what we do daily! I wanted very much to work my way up to corporate level, but after experiencing everything I have for the almost two years I've worked here there is no way I will continue to apply for these jobs any longer. The way managers are treated is great, but the way Associates are treated is disgusting.

Remember that the people under you, your associates, are what make you; so treat them fairly and like equals. If you don't have a good team then your NPS will always be low!

849 Other Employee Reviews for Ulta Beauty (View Most Recent)

its a company were you work indepently

I have been working at Ulta Beauty part-time

Pros

pays hourly. Has a lot of promotions to gain more cliental. Offers training.

Cons

Only has small room called a pod to work with clients.

Reinventing the Wheel

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Ulta Beauty full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Great Company Benefits
    -Growing company
    -High visibility in Chicago Market
    -Corporate partners always available to support store teams
    -Company Values define the companies future growth and assure company viability in a multi-faceted market

Cons

-Part Time employment remains a challenge congruently affecting turnover which is considered a high measurable
    -Full time employment is only offered to management staff and creating high turnover for well qualified applicants at every level
    -Leadership heavily praises politics
    -A very Task focus high paced work environment, management is not entirely focused on the customer contradicting specific company values.
    -Payroll is a constant challenge especially in low volume stores operating on difficult expectations
    -Supply Chain remains a challenge in stock options not fully supporting stores with inventory due to constant opening of stores

Do not try to reinvent the wheel in the beauty industry, focus on store operational challenges and constantly seek strong management to lead the way. Leadership is a rare commodity continue to seek ways in order to improve the supply chain and support the stores with full time employees. The company has EXTREMELY LOYAL customers that keep coming back regardless how terrible the last shopping experience was. Learn from mistakes and keep the focus on customer.

There are newer employer reviews for Ulta Beauty