Ultimate Software

There are newer employer reviews for Ultimate Software

Ultimate Walks the Walk and Talks the Talk

Current Employee - Sales
Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (more than an year)

Pros

When I first arrived at Ultimate, the employees I spoke with were so loyal and so passionate about where they worked that I thought it couldn't be true. However, with each passing week, I have become a believer. Whenever management has the choice to do the right thing, they do. They pay their employees well, provide excellent benefits, and reward and recognize employees at every level in the organization. This is one of the few companies that is all heart and, despite that, or rather because of it, has managed to flourish.

Cons

Because many of our employees come from our competitors, Ultimate does not have a good training program. Most employees come from many years of experience within the industry and are the best of the best from competitors. As someone who came from out of industry, i learned that they do not have great training programs in place for the rest of us.

Invest heavily in innovation. We have been beating competitors like Ceridian and ADP for so long,and we need to make sure we don't grow lazy. Old competitors are working hard to close the gap. New ones like Workday will create a threat at some point.

164 Other Employee Reviews for Ultimate Software (View Most Recent)

Great environment to work and grow

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time

Pros

Each person is empowered to improve the company and customer experience. There is room for growth, innovation and career development. The benefits are wonderful and management is available for input and advice.

Cons

There are no cons. If you can handle a fast paced, A-game environment, then there is no down side for you.

Leadership in Workplace is lacking.

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits package and telecommuting options. The corporate culture is very employee oriented and tries their best to keep their employees happy.

Cons

Executive management is disconnected from the realities of the business. Processes are changed up every quarter instead of seeing things through. Promotions are based on who you know. Very good middle managers are few and far between. Departments each work in their own bubble instead of working together to come up with effective initiatives; the result is more fragmented processes that need to be scrapped and redone every few months.

Listen to your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Ultimate Software