Ultimate Software

www.ultimatesoftware.com
  www.ultimatesoftware.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ultimate Software

You are not just an intern.. you are the future of this company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Weston, FL
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

#9 Best Company to Work for in America. If that is not in enough for you just think of a place with great work/life balance with after work sports groups, lots of free food, and awesome company evens. Where you leaders tell you phrase like the tittle of this review, where there are tech talks to learn new stuff almost weekly and there are challenges to proof your knowledge and grow yourself. Simply put this place is amazing

Cons

Not a lot of cons if at all. I honestly have had no personal bad experiences during my time working here order than normal stressful situations of job like having opposing views with a superior or co-worker and stuff like that.

165 Other Employee Reviews for Ultimate Software (View Most Recent)

Worst company I have ever worked for! Don't believe the hype!

Former Employee - Business Process Analyst I in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Process Analyst I in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free benefits, nice Atlanta location

Cons

I have been in IT since the 80's and have never run across a company with this type of work ethic in my life. No work-life balance. They expect you to stay on a customer call until it is done, if that is 10:00 pm, they don't care. Also they give you vacation time off but frown upon you using it. They want you to not attend your children's graduations, schedule all family appointments on the same day, work on your vacation if you even take it because again it is totally frowned upon. You get fooled in the orientation, they are not family friendly at all. I actually did not participate in most of the orientation because...I had to work. If you have a life outside of your work, don't join this organization, you will be disappointed. Also there is no real HR, if you have a complaint about your immediate management, there is no one to talk to, no recourse. Imagine that, an HRMS firm with no defined HR.

Save some money by not sending everyone to Florida for orientation, use that money to create more work/life balance for your employees and some basic management training skills for your managers, especially sensitivity training. Also use chatter for something meaningful other than mindless, fake, and insincere jabber.

Tier III Support

Current Employee - Tier III Support in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Tier III Support in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work/family life balance. Positive atmosphere. Awesome benefits.

Cons

Since they are not quick to fire people there tend to be a lot of slackers that should be cut.

Keep up the good work.