There are newer employer reviews for Ultimate Software

I should have found this place a long time ago!

Current Employee - Account Manager
Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I couldn't ask to be part of a better team. They are very supportive and fun to work with. I enjoy each day and look forward to everyday.

Cons

I am not able to think of any cons at this time and I do not see any forth coming.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Simply the Best Place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weston, FL

I have been working at Ultimate Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong vision and culture. Great employees to work with. Controlled Growth. Senior Management is extremely stable and focused on People First.

Cons

Limited Senior Management Opportunities. Better space planning is needed for growth.

Advice to Management

Continue to put People First as it is a winning formula. Need space planning to become more of a focus.

Worst company I have ever worked for! Don't believe the hype!

Former Employee - Business Process Analyst I in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Process Analyst I in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Ultimate Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free benefits, nice Atlanta location

Cons

I have been in IT since the 80's and have never run across a company with this type of work ethic in my life. No work-life balance. They expect you to stay on a customer call until it is done, if that is 10:00 pm, they don't care. Also they give you vacation time off but frown upon you using it. They want you to not attend your children's graduations, schedule all family appointments on the same day, work on your vacation if you even take it because again it is totally frowned upon. You get fooled in the orientation, they are not family friendly at all. I actually did not participate in most of the orientation because...I had to work. If you have a life outside of your work, don't join this organization, you will be disappointed. Also there is no real HR, if you have a complaint about your immediate management, there is no one to talk to, no recourse. Imagine that, an HRMS firm with no defined HR.

Advice to Management

Save some money by not sending everyone to Florida for orientation, use that money to create more work/life balance for your employees and some basic management training skills for your managers, especially sensitivity training. Also use chatter for something meaningful other than mindless, fake, and insincere jabber.