Ultra Hardware Products

www.ultrahardware.com

I appreciated the opportunities to learn and grow, and really enjoyed the family environment with my co-workers.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pennsauken, NJ

ProsThere were a lot of opportunities to learn different aspects of the company, and take on additional responsibilities, if you were willing to work hard and go out of your comfort zone.

My co-workers were the greatest group of people with whom I've ever had the pleasure to work. It really was like a "family" most times.

The company did do things to encourage employee interaction and to build morale, such as "birthday bashes" to celebrate birthdays of employees, as well as carnival games, hot dogs and hamburger cook-outs in the parking lot in the summertime, Mr. Softee visits also in summer, bowling nights, and raffling off Omaha Steak gift baskets. All of these were much appreciated by most employees.

ConsHigh deductible health care plan, no contribution to 401k, and vacation topped out at 3 weeks after 10 yrs of service were some of the cons, along with having employees sign a form stating if they were separated from the company, either of their own accord or a company decision, the company reserved the right to not pay accrued vacation. Definitely not a morale builder.

Advice to Senior ManagementI wish management was a little less "entrepreneurial" and a little more "meat and potatoes", meaning I wished they'd hung in there with the "mom and pop" stores instead of giving everything away to the big box stores and chains which just kept taking from us (time, money,resources, etc.).

Also, would have liked management to learn what it took to perform each job function, so they would know what they were asking of their employees to know if someone did a bad job, a good job, or an outstanding job. With each round of layoffs, more and more responsibilities were placed on surviving employees, which meant longer hours worked, and were obviously financially uncompensated, if salaried.

Stressful job that did not allow me to do any better than I was.

Network Administrator (Former Employee) Pennsauken, NJ

I worked at Ultra Hardware Products full-time

Pros: Kept me out of the poor house Cons: Employees were treated like work horses and nothing else Advice to Senior Management: Learn to make a deal good for the company and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

not the greatest

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pennsauken, NJ

I worked at Ultra Hardware Products

Pros: Good place to grow as far as skill sets are… Cons: Inadequate pay for the amount of work that is expected. Inconsistent rules/policies; a set… Advice to Senior Management: Pay people fairly for the work they do. Your employees are the only… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Ultra Hardware Products.

Worked for Ultra Hardware Products? Contribute to the Community!