Umpqua Bank
www.umpquabank.com Portland, OR 1000 to 5000 Employees

The World's Greatest Bank

Commercial Banking (Current Employee)

I have been working at Umpqua Bank full-time for more than 3 years

ProsUmpqua Bank is an incredible place to work. After 3+ years of tenure, I can see why it consistently makes it into Fortune Magazine's Top 100 Places to Work. Culture is viewed and treated as the company's #1 asset, and that is a key difference separating it from other banks.

ConsCompensation practices are often different from department to department and they're not highly transparent. This can result in unwarranted disparity in pay from department to department.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake competitive and consistent compensation practices a higher priority. Good people have left when all they wanted was a market wage.

Great company, great people, no direction.

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Umpqua Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros: Area management as well as management at the Regional level… Cons: The incentive plan changes as well as company objectives almost monthly, there really… Advice to Senior Management: Devise a plan...then stick to it. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Umpqua Bank is a great company to work for

Universal Associate (Current Employee)
Eureka, CA

I have been working at Umpqua Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great culture and benefits, competitive pay Cons: Not many cons to the company Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Umpqua Bank.

Worked for Umpqua Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Umpqua Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Umpqua Bank CEO Ray Davis. All reviews posted anonymously by Umpqua Bank employees.