Job satisfaction and work/life balance!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Umpqua Bank

Pros

I have worked at several high profile/brand recognizable companies that did not provide the work/life balance and job satisfaction that I currently enjoy at Umpqua Bank. Senior Leadership is business savvy, strategically minded and very thoughtful regarding the employees and maintaining the UB culture (fun, learning and supportive). My employer is thriving because of it's business acumen, willingness to evolve and by empowering the innovative/creative talent on staff. No wonder Umpqua is an employer of choice and 25th on Fortune's Top 100 Employers.

Cons

Like any growing organization there is opportunity to process improve and make strategic changes to the infrastructure ensuring continued and future successes.

Senior Leadership communication is key to keep the organziation updated by providing business pass-down information so that we focus on the mission, vision and goals.

Other Reviews for Umpqua Bank

The lack of vision and strategy makes Umpqua a short term job vs a long term carreer.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Umpqua Bank

Pros

Umpqua is one of the few local growing companies in the financial verticle. It’s a recognized name in the community.

Cons

In the technology group, there is a lack of strategic planning, vision, expectations of deliverables,and general insight to who is really doing what.

Have the IT executives create strategic plans, and make them accountable for meeting the plans metrics.

Fast paced & challenging but over worked without adequate compensation

Current Employee - IT Engineer  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - IT Engineer in Portland, OR

I have been working at Umpqua Bank

Pros

Connect time - Perk where you are paid company wages as you donate your time to an approved non-profit or charity.
    You get to play with a lot of cutting edge technology
    Great people in IT
    Rated as one of the top companies to work for( I believe it is an average place to work in IT, but outside of IT, it is better)

Cons

New solutions are implemented without the staff to maintain the solution over the life cycle of the solution.
    Work life balance is completely unbalanced towards WORK in IT.
    Understaffed for the work that needs to be accomplished including business as usual work and project work.

There are newer employer reviews for Umpqua Bank.

Worked for Umpqua Bank? Contribute to the Community!