There are newer employer reviews for Uncommon Schools

New Employee with Uncommon- Great Interview Experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Uncommon Schools full-time

Pros

My interview process was extremely smooth, and I felt supported throughout the entire process. I had applied online for a position with recruitment. Within a week of applying, I received a response from the senior director of recruitment, who set up a phone interview for the following week. After a few minutes of speaking with me, my interviewer thought of a position that would better fit my interests. She prompted me to complete a set of short responses, which I sent to her a few days later. Directly after submitting these responses, an in-person interview was set up. The in-person interview was extremely organized, and my time was respected throughout the process. At the end of the interview, the director of recruitment reached out to me to make sure that I knew exactly how to get back to my hotel and called a cab for me as well. Exactly a week later, I received an email from the director of recruitment, notifying me that I would receive a call from an executive team member the next day. After receiving this call and accepting the job, the recruitment director continued to reach out to me to make sure that my move to New york would be a smooth one. Now two months into my career with Uncommon, I feel incredibly lucky to work for such an amazing organization around people that are truly supportive and care deeply about closing the achievement gap.

Cons

Moving to New York was extremely difficult given the short amount of time I had to move. I am settled now and loving the city- just an annoying part of the process.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Uncommon Schools (View Most Recent)

A great organization to work for!

Current Employee - Director of Recruitment  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director of Recruitment in New York, NY

I have been working at Uncommon Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Uncommon Schools is a really positive, warm environment. People work hard and have tons of joy in their collaboration!

Cons

We are growing quickly, so the work load is busy! This isn't really a con, just something for new folks to be aware of :)

Pretty OK

Current Employee - Teacher  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Teacher in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Uncommon Schools full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Salary, Decent work life balance, Tons of tools for teachers

Cons

Super high expectations - sometimes you lose focus of the work,

There are newer employer reviews for Uncommon Schools

Worked for Uncommon Schools? Contribute to the Community!