Uni-Select
www.uni-select.com Boucherville, Canada 5000+ Employees

Adminisrative Assistant - Student Job

Adminisrative Assistant - Student Job (Former Employee)
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Uni-Select

ProsBig company wih some perks (cheaper auto parts, etc.) and they have an array of locations. HQ is in Boucherville QC. Very useful for people wanting to avoid the commute to Montreal. My manager was good, but many people criticized decisions of higher management. I can't really comment on these since I was not high enough in the company ... but at my level, I was not affected by these 'bad decisions'. I liked my experience and it allowed me to gain a lot of new skills I can now apply in my career. Would recommend this company to job seekers! Co-workers are very helpful and ressourceful if you need help or have questions regarding new applicaions (softwares) or etc.

ConsSome people were critical of higher management and their 'bad decisions'. At my level in he company (very low! lol), I couldn't not really see the impact of these decisions nor could I say if they were right or wrong. However, that many complaints from co-workers can become tiring and repetitive. Lunches wih my manager and one of her friends were basically just ranting sessions about management. From my end, I don't really have any other feedback. My experience was overall very good and as I mentioned, I was able to learn a few new things at the company, which is a great plus.

Advice to Senior ManagementDoes not apply.

Not a bad place to work

A/R Collector (Current Employee)
Amherst, NY

I have been working at Uni-Select full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Company is attempting to turn around Cons: It seems very one sided....Canada vs. U.S. .....Canada generally… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

"Titanic" sinking faster then they think

Counter Person (Current Employee)
Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Uni-Select full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Not much good to say only that its a pay check. the spiff's that vendor's offer… Cons: Customer service doesn't seem like it exists anymore all corporate management cares about is gross profit and to do more with less. part time help… Advice to Senior Management: get out from behind the desk and work out in the field and see what it is really like. Not everything that you see… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Uni-Select.

Worked for Uni-Select? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Uni-Select reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Uni-Select CEO Richard G. Roy. All reviews posted anonymously by Uni-Select employees.