There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst

Challenging and rewarding

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at UniFirst

Pros

good company, tough industry well compensated

Cons

Tough sale really earn the business you work towards

be involved not just available

258 Other Employee Reviews for UniFirst (View Most Recent)

I great starting point for my sales career.

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at UniFirst

Pros

I am very thankful to have had the opportunity to work for the Unifirst Corporation. As one of the leading Industrial Uniform and Facility Service providers in North America, Unifirst offers second to none sales training and management support. As a young sales professional with little to no direction or experience and only the extreme desire to succeed in the sales arena at my disposal, Unifirst presented an opportunity to me. At first I was very skeptical of the company because of the reviews I was coming across, but I decided to take the position and looking back have no regrets of my decision. From day 1 Unifirst fed me an unlimited amount of sales strategies and knowledge, trained me to execute, and provided all of the tools necessary to achieve limitless results in the field. Unifirst not only offers an insurmountable database of proven sales strategies but is also not going to shy from treading uncharted waters of which they will provide continued monthly corporate training sessions to keep you moving with the rest of the company. On a smaller scale, The Unifirst business model breaks down into over 200 locations nationwide, this provides a local relationship with a company that has National recognition and supports its’ employees as such. Particularly in the Pittsburgh region, I was extremely pleased to learn that my Sales Manager had started with the company in the same position as me and worked his way to become a President’s Club sales representative. A great teacher and mentor, he was always willing to listen to my frustrations, give them immediate attention, and work with me on how to overcome them. I would recommend the Unifirst Corporation to any business professional seeking the tools to help sharpen your skills in the sales arena while being provided backing and support from a growing billion dollar company.

Cons

There is a lot of pressure to meet and exceed your goals not only in sales numbers but in weekly prospecting numbers. Over time the pressure can seem to be overbearing but if you take it in the chin and push hard management will see your efforts and the resultes will come without doubt.

Provide a more clear understanding of the ramp up goals and where the representative is currently with ramp up on a weekly basis. Discover a unique agenda for each rep, we are not all the same and one schedule may not work well for others.

Could have been a positive experience had original hiring manager remained.

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Knoxville, TN

I worked at UniFirst

Pros

training is very solid, but not in the actual branch locations. True training is in Boston. My experience at the branch level was a negative. I actually think I lost a few IQ points. Hard to believe but true.

Cons

Sales management was poor. Very poor.

Dont be afraid of the up and comers . Dont't sabotage them for your own sake. Man.-up.

There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst