UniFirst

There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst

Lack of Direction

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative
Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My location has a great group of sales reps and office staff my peers are fantastic. Health benefits are fantastic

Cons

Lack of Direction - Outdated database - Extreme Micromanagement - Terrible car/gas allowance - Unclear expectation

Management should communicate with eachother because there are many mixed messages being sent that pull sales reps in many different directions

274 Other Employee Reviews for UniFirst (View Most Recent)

Pretty Good for the most part

I have been working at UniFirst

Pros

it is good to be able to drive around and take breaks when you want to during the day.

Cons

corporate greed will eventually destroy the industry in my opinion.

Just started working, my job position is phisically demanding but it satisfies me, to know that i have a decent job

Current Employee - Shipping and Receiving in Langley, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Shipping and Receiving in Langley, BC (Canada)

I have been working at UniFirst part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working here gives me the feeling of being a professional such as everyone working here has a dress code, and most of the management staff as well as production are polite and cordial to each other, work is near and accesible to my home and my job is less straining and stressfull compared to my other job when i used to work for a glass company, laundry bags and garments are way lighter and less stresfull.

Cons

Sometimes working on our area is kinda imbalanced, some workers tend to sort while others prefer to unload and some just appears to be waiting for their pay checks, sheesh it really get's to me when sometimes other co-workers tend to tell you everything you need to do as if I dont know, just for the sake of being right, some tend to boss you around for their seniority and that they want you to follow through, a co-worker gave me advice to not speak on tagalog while on the work area while him on the other han,d converse in ilocano dialect although we both came from the same country we differ on our main language which he use to converse to co-workers who knows the dialect in order to zone me out of a conversation and make fun of me, well it sucks but sometimes thats life.

I got nothing better to do so i actually bump in to this website when i was looking for references about our company so i might as well say what i have in mind such as it's hard for me to address you guys verbally for i have a strong accent and preety much dont have the talent to spar with words, so here it goes. I hope that everyone have a fair chance of proving themselves at and on their work, regardless of their ethnicity, accent and refferal from their supervisor or superiors, I just wish that when my time comes to be evaluated, that the person who's doing my performance management give credit for our capabilities in our job description, I work in shipping unloading trucks i have no problem unloading large deliveries continously and i dont mind working alone, i can tackle loads that takes two people to get it done. I hope i could be scored on that. My job is simple but it demands physical strength, im not being paid to think and give orders, im being paid to do my job unloading trucks and sorting garments, im not being paid to evaluate other coworkers, or plan out when will i take a break to avoid unloading truck, Id rather wait for the truck and unload it before taking a break, but i always keep in mind to follow and take the task my supervisor asked me to do, Sometimes we do make mistakes even though we try to follow everything in detail it might be because our supervisor made an error on what route or forgot what lot the garments are going; hey were all human here eh. but a good supervisor should be always fair and if at fault will shoulder the blame a bad supervisor will try to cover up and blame the fault on others im just saying this because ive got nothing better to do right now and it's a long weekend anyway i dont have problems with my supervisor now as of now i can say that he converse and address me politely and thank me. Also ever wonder of why sometimes after evaluating a task that your prescisely sure that it's gonna be done at this time end up paying more for overtime, is because other workers are not working hard on the job but working hard on thinking to slow down the job and telling others to do the same to get their 8 hours ive learned that the reason for working 7.5 hours is that the company is kind enough to cut time instead of laying off people but me i cant stand of getting paid or pretending that your doing your job when your not, i rather go home finish my job without a guilty consience and have a little time to catch the bus or for myself to be off work and on to my life, other co-workers would also tell you to slow down and make fun of you for working hard and fast to finish the job they' try to tell me that ill be the first to get laid off because we have seniority and that work is finished early and dont push yourself too hard "some jobs are meant for overtime" also about the union as far as i know it is a good strong union with good intentions for the members as well as management in terms of benefits and wages but since there is a collective bargaining agreement coming up as ive heard, i would just like to bring the "seniority" status should never be used as an umbrella or excuse for being lazy or be used as an alibi for not working the way you used to. management and union will benefit if the company with the consent of the union to allow management to lay off employees who they deemed unproductive given that the employee has been heard of his reason for doing so and fairly taking incidents such as family or problems in account and that the employee has been clearly told of his case and has been advised to keep up and excert effort on productivity be laid off as an example and be called in to observe changes. seniority should only be a "chance modifier" not to be used as an excuse to take it easy, you pay us good money union demands more pay and wages for us why not demand something that could be fair for everyone of us :if ever your taking time to read this thank you for hearing me out and it's not about getting rid of the old people that are working with us it wouldnt be fair or bring any good if the company rid the place people who have shown loyalty and earned their time for the company but for those who are built good young and strong who are too lazy to put themselves to good use, for those who have read this letter if it hurts inside, it doesnt mean its you it's mr. consience saying whats up

There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst