Advancement and Support

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Denver, CO
Current Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

UniFirst is a growing company that supports and advances its people that are willing to look and strive for new challenges.
UniFirst's number one pro is its people. There has not been a time that I have reached out for help and did not get it!! Everyone wants people that are willing to do their part to succeed.

Cons

It is a big company and you have to be willing to reach out to people you may not know or feel comfortable with to find information you need.

Continue to adapt to the new generations.

Other Reviews for UniFirst

Great Experience with UniFirst for past 5 years to present

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been working for UniFirst for the past 5 years and just recently got promoted. I came here right out of college and have worked in sales the whole time. UniFirst is like a big family. They have been very good to me over the years and it is an amazing company to work for. Overall I have had a great experience and would recommend UniFirst to anyone :)

Cons

I do not have any cons currently

Upper Management does an amazing job. The way they run the company has been a big reason why the culture is so great and UniFirst and I have stayed here so long.

Opportunity

Current Employee - National Account Manager  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

After being told by several pharma/med sales companies that I needed 2-3 years of outside B2B sales experience to break into that industry, I interviewed with UniFirst and was hired right out of college as an outside sales rep. My original plan was to work for 2-3 years and then change to a pharma/med sales position with a higher base salary, but the experience and opporunity at UniFirst has proved invaluable and I can now see myself spending my entire career within the organization. In my 7 years with the company I have recieved 4 promotions prior to my current role as a National Account Manager. The job is difficult for the first 12-18 months because of how competitive the industry is and the fact that we work off long term binding agreements, but that is why successful sales reps at UniFirst are held in such high esteem by recruitors and other industries looking for sales professionals. If you are able to push past the rejection and long hours of the first 12-18 months and show even marginal success, things will get easier and you will find yourself in a position to be promoted within the company or have access to a number of high salary sales positions outside of the industry should you decide to leave. I strongly recomend UniFirst for anyone looking for a company where you can excel quickly or are looking to start a career in outside sales.

Cons

-Competitive Industry
    -Difficult first year
    -Long hours for first 12-18 months

There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst.

Worked for UniFirst? Contribute to the Community!