UniFirst

Advancement and Support

Current Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO
Current Employee - General Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

UniFirst is a growing company that supports and advances its people that are willing to look and strive for new challenges.
UniFirst's number one pro is its people. There has not been a time that I have reached out for help and did not get it!! Everyone wants people that are willing to do their part to succeed.

Cons

It is a big company and you have to be willing to reach out to people you may not know or feel comfortable with to find information you need.

Continue to adapt to the new generations.

282 Other Employee Reviews for UniFirst (View Most Recent)

Great Development Opportunity

Current Employee - Corporate Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Joining this company was one of the best decisions I have ever made. UniFirst has given me the opportunity to find my professional passion, and the support needed to be successful. I can't say enough for the training I have received in my time with UniFirst. There is a nice balance between work and life, and the people are great. I would strongly recommend this company to anyone who is looking to take the next step in their career.

Cons

Some of the internal systems are a bit antiquated. However, this is currently being addressed and should be much improved withing the next year. We also get started a little earlier in the day than most companies, so you will have to learn to be a morning person.

Continue to invest in the emerging futureleaders of this company. Stay on top of changing work force trends in order to retain top talent.

Opportunity

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

After being told by several pharma/med sales companies that I needed 2-3 years of outside B2B sales experience to break into that industry, I interviewed with UniFirst and was hired right out of college as an outside sales rep. My original plan was to work for 2-3 years and then change to a pharma/med sales position with a higher base salary, but the experience and opporunity at UniFirst has proved invaluable and I can now see myself spending my entire career within the organization. In my 7 years with the company I have recieved 4 promotions prior to my current role as a National Account Manager. The job is difficult for the first 12-18 months because of how competitive the industry is and the fact that we work off long term binding agreements, but that is why successful sales reps at UniFirst are held in such high esteem by recruitors and other industries looking for sales professionals. If you are able to push past the rejection and long hours of the first 12-18 months and show even marginal success, things will get easier and you will find yourself in a position to be promoted within the company or have access to a number of high salary sales positions outside of the industry should you decide to leave. I strongly recomend UniFirst for anyone looking for a company where you can excel quickly or are looking to start a career in outside sales.

Cons

-Competitive Industry
    -Difficult first year
    -Long hours for first 12-18 months

There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst