Great company, Great opportunities

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Sales Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great training program for new employees. Promotes from within. Great work culture. Excellent benefits. Every day is different, keeps it interesting and fast paced.

Cons

Very competitive industry. You have to approach everyday with a strong mental attitude because the sales do not come to you, you have to find them. Everyday is different, you must be able to adapt to all types of environmnts.

Advice to Management

Continue to promote from within. With the excellent training program provider, we have many leaders in our company.

Other Employee Reviews for UniFirst

1. Great development opportunity

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at UniFirst full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was initially told all the positives just like every other job interview I have ever had. I was skeptical when they said give us 2-3 years to truly develop your skill set. I would be promoted or would have skills that would allow me to further my career. They were right. When I switched for a better opportunity I was light years ahead of my co-workers. Even the veterans. I understood the sales process better and was more prepared to overcome obstacles while in the field. Having been there a little over 3 years I wish I would have had another year of development. I was paid well and now feel I could go back there and hit 6 figures. No problem.

Cons

It was a very structured sales department. I was used to more freedom but now I understand why. Sometimes it felt like they were forgetting the bigger prospects but they were really just driving home a process.

Advice to Management

Help us understand what the reports say. Why you push what you do. I think it would help the learning curve go faster. You are definitely on the right track. Very solid development program especially if one is willing to move. I saw a lot of opportunities.

2. Long Hours...decent money

Current Employee - RSR in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - RSR in San Jose, CA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working by yourself, decent pay, oppertunities to make more money, Ability to work with customers to increase sales

Cons

50 hour work weeks, To many national accounts with no posibility of having a route that breaks commission.