Opportunity

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - National Account Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After being told by several pharma/med sales companies that I needed 2-3 years of outside B2B sales experience to break into that industry, I interviewed with UniFirst and was hired right out of college as an outside sales rep. My original plan was to work for 2-3 years and then change to a pharma/med sales position with a higher base salary, but the experience and opporunity at UniFirst has proved invaluable and I can now see myself spending my entire career within the organization. In my 7 years with the company I have recieved 4 promotions prior to my current role as a National Account Manager. The job is difficult for the first 12-18 months because of how competitive the industry is and the fact that we work off long term binding agreements, but that is why successful sales reps at UniFirst are held in such high esteem by recruitors and other industries looking for sales professionals. If you are able to push past the rejection and long hours of the first 12-18 months and show even marginal success, things will get easier and you will find yourself in a position to be promoted within the company or have access to a number of high salary sales positions outside of the industry should you decide to leave. I strongly recomend UniFirst for anyone looking for a company where you can excel quickly or are looking to start a career in outside sales.

Cons

-Competitive Industry
-Difficult first year
-Long hours for first 12-18 months

reviews filtered by
  1. A great opportunity and experience.

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH

I worked at UniFirst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A strong training program to start your career and continual training throughout tenure, Clear goals and sales numbers to hit, Many career paths and clear objectives to achieve those, Support and direction from local and national management, If you work hard and buy in you will be successful.

Cons

A lot of cold calls (phone / door knocks) and rejection, This position is not easy.

2. Growing Company with great opportunity for advancement

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

UniFirst is a fast growing, family-run company with an endless oppotunity for advancement. Outside sales is a great place to get some valuable experience, make good money & set yourself up for a successful career. Although the first year can be extremely challenging, if you commit yourself to the position the sky is really the limit. The training is intense but with the intention of developing their people into future company leaders.

Cons

The hours can be long but are really an investment in your future.

Advice to Management

Continue to spend the money to develop your people and promote from within.