There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst

very good company to work for

Current Employee - RSR in Buffalo, NY
Current Employee - RSR in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

very strong company in the field and has excellent management in place to help you grow into a positive career.

Cons

work load at times can be heavy but the pay off is worth it !

listen to employee concerns and work with them to better the company

260 Other Employee Reviews for UniFirst (View Most Recent)

Productive and Fun Workplace

Current Employee - Human Resources in Wilmington, MA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Wilmington, MA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have had nothing but positive experiences with this company. This is the first company I've worked for since separating from the military, and the transition has been extremely easy. This organization's values and legacy appreciation are paralleled to that of what I'm used to. One of the first few days with the company was spent with the rest of my department going over core values and the organization's mission statement... it was a perfect fit. The people are great and very helpful in terms of training. I have yet to meet anyone who lacks professionalism and a sense of urgency.

Cons

The only issue I have with my current job is the commute time between UniFirst and my residence.

I honestly haven't seen anything worth complaining about. Keep investing in your employees!

Low pay, poor working environment, intense labor

Current Employee - Laborer in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Laborer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Offers 401k to full time employees

Cons

Terrible health insurance, LOW pay, number quota system, hot working condition

Offer fair, living wages and decent pay raises to laborers. Please SWITCH to a better health insurance and get rid of Cigna because they are horrible: does everything to deny claim, make mistakes in their favor, bad customer service. Stop the quota system and pressuring workers to meet high numbers or get fired. Give cash bonuses to labor workers. Improve working environment -- unbearable heat during summer. Build morale and go back to offering company catered lunches for special occasions/holidays. Give everyone Christmas bonuses based on percentage of yearly wage -- would be really appreciated by many workers who earn slightly above minimum wage. Provide free on site massage and occupational therapists for laborers. Happy workers increase profits and loyalty so take a look at why there is such high turnover at Unifirst. CEO, executives and upper management should be mandated to work on the floor along with laborers for at least 3 days for the entire 8 hour shift so that you can experience how labor intensive it is and provide better working environment.

There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst