There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst

A Solid Sales Foundation with HUGE Growth Potential!

Current Employee - Sales in Wilmington, MA
Current Employee - Sales in Wilmington, MA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Although I work at Corporate now, I started with UniFirst as a Sales Representative at a teeny, tiny Branch in early 2010. I had VERY limited Sales experience, and was looking for an entry-level position at a company with a "soul" - an organization that offered a product/service I could BELIEVE IN, where I could learn and grow as a Sales Professional and be VALUED as an individual.

I can truly say I found what I was looking for at UniFirst!

New to Sales? Our Sales Training Program focuses on a consultative, value-based Sales Process that will empower you to CLOSE DEALS.

Want a product/service you can believe in? You've got it here! In my 1.5 years as a Salesperson before moving to Corporate, I never once doubted my customers would be serviced properly. Sure, every service organization has issues, but I could always lay my head down to sleep at night knowing any issues my customers experienced would be resolved - quickly and to their satisfaction.

Sick of being seen as a "number"? We may be a $1B organization, but our CEO will still take the time to meet with a class of 30-or-so Salespeople for a Q&A Session, just because!

Add to the mix the opportunity for advancement that comes with working for a growing, thriving company with 200+ Locations throughout the US and Canada, and you've got yourself the potential for a GREAT Sales Career!

It takes hard work and perseverence, but nothing worth anything is easy to attain... :)

Cons

"Hunter" Sales position (new business ONLY); pressure to meet Sales Quota and maintain consistency; high amount of Prospecting activity required to generate Sales Appointments; responsible for "sizing" New Accounts and completing ALL associated New Account Orders.

Maintain the "Open Door" Policy... it works!

reviews filtered by
  1. Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden City, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Garden City, KS

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good job, good benefits, some transfer opportunities, company seems to care about the employees and customers.

Cons

Training is some positions is lacking.

It would be nice if there was a better training program for some jobs. Some positions require more training than others, but we don't seem to get a timely response from the corporate office. Cutting expenses can only go so far before job performance suffers.

2. Great Work enviroment

Current Employee - Current Employee in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Wichita, KS

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

For a large Corporation UniFirst does a great job at making you feel like you work for a local company. The benfits they offer are great and every level of Management is approachable. The company continually upgrades their technology to help maintain a competetive edge and make employees jobs easier.

Cons

I am very happy working here but it would be nice if we were shown more appreciation from the Corporate level as opposed to local Management.

Show more appreciation from the Coprporate level down and perhaps pay bonus' quarterly intead of annually.

There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst