There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst

A Solid Sales Foundation with HUGE Growth Potential!

Current Employee - Sales in Wilmington, MA
Current Employee - Sales in Wilmington, MA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Although I work at Corporate now, I started with UniFirst as a Sales Representative at a teeny, tiny Branch in early 2010. I had VERY limited Sales experience, and was looking for an entry-level position at a company with a "soul" - an organization that offered a product/service I could BELIEVE IN, where I could learn and grow as a Sales Professional and be VALUED as an individual. I can truly say I found what I was looking for at UniFirst! New to Sales? Our Sales Training Program focuses on a consultative, value-based Sales Process that will empower you to CLOSE DEALS. Want a product/service you can believe in? You've got it here! In my 1.5 years as a Salesperson before moving to Corporate, I never once doubted my customers would be serviced properly. Sure, every service organization has issues, but I could always lay my head down to sleep at night knowing any issues my customers experienced would be resolved - quickly and to their satisfaction. Sick of being seen as a "number"? We may be a $1B organization, but our CEO will still take the time to meet with a class of 30-or-so Salespeople for a Q&A Session, just because! Add to the mix the opportunity for advancement that comes with working for a growing, thriving company with 200+ Locations throughout the US and Canada, and you've got yourself the potential for a GREAT Sales Career! It takes hard work and perseverence, but nothing worth anything is easy to attain... :)

Cons

"Hunter" Sales position (new business ONLY); pressure to meet Sales Quota and maintain consistency; high amount of Prospecting activity required to generate Sales Appointments; responsible for "sizing" New Accounts and completing ALL associated New Account Orders.

Advice to Management

Maintain the "Open Door" Policy... it works!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

a complete train wreck

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Sacramento, CA

I worked at UniFirst full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i dont work for UniFirst anymore

Cons

mixed message of expectations.stuck in the 70's with method of paperwork. worst leadership i have ever witnessed or heard of in sacramento, ca, and region.constant turnover. dont hire from within. bring in unsuccessful reps with other companies and put them in management.completely disorganized from the branch manager to admin. lots of talk no action.not capable of delivering what your trained to sell. a professional embarrasment to work there. will never be able to sell to any of those business' again in other industry. had commissionns paid to other reps. constant mistakes with my paycheck. totally dishonest

Advice to Management

clean house in sacramento. the ship is sinking i would love to know how much money this location costs the company every month

2. Great family company

Current Employee - Production in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Production in Wichita, KS

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone is like family and the benefits are good also. The profit sharing and 401K are great.

Cons

I cannot really think of any at this time.