There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst

Family owned company with a family atmosphere

Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Sales Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

UniFirst is a great place to work if you are tired of politics and worried about whether or not you'll get recognized and promoted based on who you know and associate with. With this company you get out of it exactly what you put in to it. Recognition and rewards are given to those that work hard and get results for that hard work. It isn't easy or laid back, but I personally wouldn't change it. Benefits are on par with other large corporations.

Cons

Because it is challenging, the Outside Sales Rep position is something that has a lot of turnover (not just at UniFirst) in this industry due to it being considered one of the most challenging sales jobs out there. If you are looking to move up quickly with a company, be open to relocating since the tenure is long and higher level positions in the same market or location don't come along often.

Advice to Management

Be more open to trying new ideas and suggestions.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

All work, no pay.

Current Employee - RSR in Kentwood, MI
    Current Employee - RSR in Kentwood, MI

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and 401k. Power route bonus's were decent.

Cons

60+ hours a week and salaried for $600 a week. Didn't get paid quarterly bonus's like we were suppose to. Upper management does NOT care about the route drivers, even though we are the "face" and "backbone" of the company. We would get told we're working to many hours, then have more work and more stops added to our route. Hard work and dedication are not rewarded at this location, or by this GM.

Advice to Management

Listen to your route drivers. Pay for the hours worked, or hire more employees. Pay out your bonus's like you are suppose to.

Do Not Waist your Time with this Company!!!!

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at UniFirst full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid weekly, If you have no other job opportunities this is a good start to entering the sales industry

Cons

Too many Chiefs not enough Indians, only 6% market share in Houston going against Cintas, G&K, Aramark, Service is the Worse I have ever been around in Houston mkt, Office environment is energy draining, Corporate uses made up Excel spreadsheets by employees and then distributes throughout regions, Service is not held accountable for lost sales which is lost commission for Sales Rep., Avg sales rep only lasted months in the Houston office, constant turnover.Training is outdated and tedious, do not use SalesForce or another type of Sales Platform, reimbursements take too long to pay back, company does not give reps tools to be successful (waited 3 months for a stapler, had to get approval). The Houston Region has only captured 6% of the market share for the last 10 years how is the GM still working at UniFirst? Ron Croatti potrays himself as a strong Catholic but makes all Sales regions work Good Friday.....time to step down Mr. Croatti!!!! Last but not least, I am still waiting for commissions that were promised to me by the Branch Manager after 12 weeks of leaving the company, this is ridiculous and very unprofessional!!

Advice to Management

Not sure about other regions but I can tell you for a fact, Region 6 management are merely puppets and babysitters, they are not aloud to management they merely pass procedures and policies down the line. The Houston management team came from Service they are not sales driven. They need to become more involved in the daily activity of a sales rep by getting their hands dirty but they are comfortable behind the desk waiting for their next promotion...by the way when I Ieft the company in May their was one sales rep, a Sales Manager and a Branch Manager, what's wrong with that picture?