UniFirst

No Teamwork Here

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at UniFirst full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great bunch of people, made alot of friends. Benefits are great, you have all the normal holidays off with pay.

Cons

Management is a joke. They stress team work and family unit, but its all a lie. No accountability. no backbone.

Screen your branch mangers more thoroughly, some haven't got a clue as to how to properly manage a staff.

282 Other Employee Reviews for UniFirst (View Most Recent)

Do Not Waist your Time with this Company!!!!

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at UniFirst full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Paid weekly, If you have no other job opportunities this is a good start to entering the sales industry

Cons

Too many Chiefs not enough Indians, only 6% market share in Houston going against Cintas, G&K, Aramark, Service is the Worse I have ever been around in Houston mkt, Office environment is energy draining, Corporate uses made up Excel spreadsheets by employees and then distributes throughout regions, Service is not held accountable for lost sales which is lost commission for Sales Rep., Avg sales rep only lasted months in the Houston office, constant turnover.Training is outdated and tedious, do not use SalesForce or another type of Sales Platform, reimbursements take too long to pay back, company does not give reps tools to be successful (waited 3 months for a stapler, had to get approval). The Houston Region has only captured 6% of the market share for the last 10 years how is the GM still working at UniFirst? Ron Croatti potrays himself as a strong Catholic but makes all Sales regions work Good Friday.....time to step down Mr. Croatti!!!! Last but not least, I am still waiting for commissions that were promised to me by the Branch Manager after 12 weeks of leaving the company, this is ridiculous and very unprofessional!!

Not sure about other regions but I can tell you for a fact, Region 6 management are merely puppets and babysitters, they are not aloud to management they merely pass procedures and policies down the line. The Houston management team came from Service they are not sales driven. They need to become more involved in the daily activity of a sales rep by getting their hands dirty but they are comfortable behind the desk waiting for their next promotion...by the way when I Ieft the company in May their was one sales rep, a Sales Manager and a Branch Manager, what's wrong with that picture?

It's all about fudging the minimum numbers.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in North Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in North Kansas City, MO

I worked at UniFirst full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Senior level management/owners are very motivational and really believe in the product and employees.

Cons

Specific sales managers make it a difficult place to work with lack of support and bias that simply should not exist. The average Sales Manager last about 9-14 months. The average Sales Rep last about 4-8 months. I made it 2 years and 1 month. If your on the Service Side and good friend on Ken Forbus the General Manager out of Wichita you will succeed. This is a Service Company not a sales Company.

Sales managers need to be reviewed regarding their management styles and corrective action should be taken when a manager uses intimidation tactics rather than support and training to accomplish sales goals. If you have a manager cause I am on 4 managers in 3 years.

There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst