UniFirst

There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst

Disorganized Nightmare

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Biloxi, MS
Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Biloxi, MS

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I can see where this job has it's perks, their benefits package, the pay really was't to bad.

Cons

Lacked appropriate training, very disorganized, although it does take a long time to get out in the field it lacks direction and emphasis non important materials. Sales management was awful, I felt like I was in kindergarden receiving punishments the majority of the time, ridiculous. They are on your back, monitoring, and critiquing everything. I've never quite a job so quickly, this was a train wreck.

Terrible sales management. I have previous sales experience, and the women at my location was awful. She was condescending, argumentative and wasted a lot of my time and money. She would have me drive and hour and a half for odd reasons, that made no sense for less then a five minute meetings to drive back an hour and a half right after. She was disorganized, and would become aggressive. She lied, and was wrong about a lot of things, and would become aggressive when those things were brought to her attention.

282 Other Employee Reviews for UniFirst (View Most Recent)

Decent money, long hours

Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Route Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will earn some decent money. A lot of times more than others in the same field. You're out in the field for the majority of the day.

Cons

One of the few linen rental companies that isn't union, and your body will pay for it. Long hours, not much support from the main office.
    You. Do. Everything. Sort, load, unload, I literally worked from morning to night, and did it all over again. Good money, but not worth it for the lack of a life outside of work.

Large corp. that truly treats emp. like family

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- Commitment to quality
    - Family culture
    - Good support from management
    - Lots of opportunities for perks (team lunches, sales contests, sales blitzes, etc.)
    - Lots of tenure among employees in all job functions across the board

Cons

- Base salary is a bit low for industry
    - Turnover in sales is high

Offer a higher base salary and you won't scare away so many quality candidates that are experienced sales reps, who probably think this is an entry-level position when it is not.

There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst