There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst

Not a Culture for success

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Winchester, VA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Winchester, VA

I have been working at UniFirst full-time for less than a year

Pros

Training process is a good one.

Cons

Management doesn't know how to manage people, They all manage activity, hoping they can create successful clones if they all duplicate successful activity.

Learn to manage people and realize this truth, successful people will always have successful traits and activities. BUT if you teach the who, what, where and when of the narrative, it does not guarantee a success. When you teach and they learn the who, what, where, when and WHY of the narrative you have opened the door for success. Number crunching doesn't achieve any of this.

241 Other Employee Reviews for UniFirst (View Most Recent)

Manager in training

Former Employee - Manager In Training  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Manager In Training in Tampa, FL

I worked at UniFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hand on training, get to know the business from ground up.

Cons

Working the floor sucks.

The overall experience with Unifirst as a Sales Consultant was above average and for the most part a good experience.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at UniFirst full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked for the company for 18 months. I spent 5 years in the industry as a sales rep. I know a little or two about this industry.

**Unlike other Uniform companies, the management is fair and reasonable. They do not put unfair burdens on you, and they teach you how to sell in this industry. Most of the management are proven performers in the company, so they focus on the right way to qualify and sell accounts.

**Other uniform companies, hire individuals as managers, who have no selling experience in this industry. You won't find managers in the Ohio Valley market that have huge egos, nor will they micro manage you to death. They are not bent on playing games that produce no results.

** Unifirst sales management will not waste your time and WILL NOT pound useless sales techniques and jargon over your head.

*** Unifirst pays you for what you sell, their commission structure does not have loop holes that cheat you, and if you can perform well, you can expect to be recognized and promoted.

**Ohio and Kentucky has proven sales performers, most of the Veteran sales professionals are Presidents Club achievers. They have top notch sales managers who know the industry and if you are thick skinned and driven, then this might be a great opportunity for you to prove yourself.

Cons

It is still the Uniform industry. Its tough and the competition is at your prospects and customers doors. I have 5 years experience in the industry, and that is enough for me and for the rest of my life. No hard feelings.

1. If you get behind on prospecting and have one poor quarter and two average quarters, don't expect to make it past your first year. Turn over is at least 80%.

2. Those who leave are individuals who can't make the cut. Get burned out. Get sick of the industry. Or realize that they should be doing something else, and end up hating the smell of a uniform ware house and all the negativity that snowballs once you lose heart.

... Its Laundry folks...Your selling Commercial Laundry...Prospects can't wait to meet with you...Sounds like fun doesn't it??? Its not.

3. As such, if you don't have the energy to go at it 100% 5 days a week, 10 hours a day, then don't even bother.

4. You must record your activity daily, and your activity will either reward you or doom you.

5. The law of Sales, especially as a Unifirst Sales Consultant is this:

'The law of Cause and Effect' : A Farming Metaphor: " If you don't tend to your soil in the winter, if you fail to plant crops in the spring, then you will have nothing growing in the summer, and you will fail to produce crops in the fall.. As such, you will have no harvest, and no job." If you want to make it...Then make it happen! No one else will do it for you!

Use sales Force and get rid of Logix...it is the worst sales tool for those who have difficulty with managing many tasks. Thank you, for the opportunity, as for me, my Uniform sales days are done! Not my cup of tea! Never was and never will be Why I ever spent 5 years in this industry is beyond me... I am a musician and have a Journalism degree...What the heck was I thinking? LOL Best Regards to all! :)

There are newer employer reviews for UniFirst

Worked for UniFirst? Contribute to the Community!