Just not good at all.

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative
Former Employee - Route Sales Representative

I worked at UniFirst full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is unfortunately just not very much I can say about this company that is good. It may only be certain locations that are not good to work for.

Cons

Overworked and underpaid. I worked 13-16 hours a day with this company for 6 years. My customers all loved and praised me but the company refused me of any opportunity for advancement. Their response to my attempts at advancement were to increase my workload and hours. Regrettably there was no pay increase involved with the increase in workload.

Advice to Management

Please review your company values and how you treat your employees. If I recall, there were parts within it that encouraged advancement from within. As I said before, this could be a localized issue but it would benefit the corporate office to perhaps eliminate some positions or move those in supervisory roles to other locations. Morale tends to wane within the company among its employees.

Other Employee Reviews for UniFirst

Great company, horrible location!

Pros

Good benefits, good family/work balance

Cons

Management doesn't trust employees, works you to death without adequate pay, doesn't fulfill promises

Advice to Management

Learn to trust your employees a little more.

15 years and still going

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative

I have been working at UniFirst full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I can say this......I will not even entertain the idea of talking with another uniform co. UniFirst as a Corp. has a true concern for the success of their sales people. They have a performance based compensation plan. Do the job and do it well and you get paid well. Most of the negative reviews about UniFirst come from people who had little time spent as an employee there. GREAT company and people to work for.

Cons

The only cons I see at my location as well as others is in fact on a location level not a Corp level. Management can't seem to focus on what works.......just focus on what works for them.

Advice to Management

Quit treating renegade sales people who are at quota like they are a GOD !!!! Believe me the day will come when they crash and burn. Every sales rep should be held to the same standard regardless of their percent to quota or tenure.