UniSea

www.unisea.com

My time at Unisea

Galley/Processor (Current Employee) Dutch Harbor, AK

ProsAll the jobs are not hard they are repetitive. The bosses are nice and so are most of the people working there. The housing is good and they pay for your food and laundry. There are many different nationalities working there and over the many years I have worked there,(off and on since 1994,) I have made many friends from different parts of the world. My husband used to work there also. I brought my son and his friend up to work in 2010. They plan on going back up also. The galley has pretty good food and you never go hungry.

ConsThe only downside I think is that you have to leave yor homeland be gone for a few months. At times it's boring and times that seem like the job will never end but then all of a sudden you are finished for the season.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the management does a fine job. They will listen to your gripes or your concerns and will accommodate you accordingly.

Seasonal work

I have been working at UniSea

Pros: Opportunity to sign up for a 401(K) after 1040 regular hours worked, about 7 months. Has a… Cons: Favoritism is pervasive. You can only get ahead if you charm the management of a department, and it depends on your race. Because it… Advice to Senior Management: It is in my personal opinion, that management needs to ensure that the hours worked is balanced… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Good benefits if you willing to work the hours to recieve health insurance and 401 (k).

Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at UniSea

Pros: Time off to pursue other interests and work. Great people to work with. Always… Cons: Wet, hard work, sometimes miscommunication of what is expected. Seasonal… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to be more honest about the workload. More
There are newer reviews on UniSea.

Worked for UniSea? Contribute to the Community!