Unibind

www.unibind.com
  www.unibind.com
There are newer employer reviews for Unibind

Amazing PRODUCT, worse management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Unibind full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Your co-workers, they appreciate each other to a degree. No one wants to deal with the CEO, she's scatter brained all day long. Randomly screaming out peoples names as if we can read her mind.

Cons

My first week there they "downsized" about 10+ employees lost their jobs, I should of known from then it would all go down hill. It was my first official office job. I enjoyed my team at the time and all the excitement of the "future." What future? Within less than a year my team was stripped down from 8/9 co-workers to 4. The promotions and authority within my title meant nothing. The CEO and her husband undermined all management that was left in the office building. I was juggling 5 positions responsibilities, working late more than half the week to meet deadlines. Left the office about a handful of times after midnight to return the next day at 8am. It was a circus, never organized or able to make deadlines. The CEO Mrs. Brigitte Peleman can't make a decision on her own without her husband BART. Bart doesn't care about the company to make any decisions a priority until last minute. Which creates a complete DISASTER! Just spend the next few months looking for a job instead of loosing your insanity here and get fired. NO ONE will be "good enough."

Hire some and let them MANAGE!

38 Other Employee Reviews for Unibind (View Most Recent)

Great Product, Terrible Upper Management

Current Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Unibind full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The product is fabulous! There is an opportunity to learn new things if you have the initiative, skill set and aren't afraid of losing your job if you do 1% of what is considered to be the wrong thing, that given day at that given time. There are some employees that are wonderful. They stick together to survive. Some of them need to realize they are better than having to put up with what they are thrown on a daily basis.

Cons

Managers aren't allowed to run their own departments. No sense of urgency from the CEO until it is the absolute last minute. She wants to be involved in every decision that is made all the way down to ordering toilet paper and coffee supplies. On an average day, you can cut the negativity and tension in the air with a knife, which is all coming down from the top.

Learn to trust your loyal and intelligent employees. Stop being "mean" to everyone. Every now and then, think of someone besides yourself and your family.

Great product, great global company, bad local management.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Unibind full-time

Pros

The product that Unibind manufactures is great and quite easy to sell. This company has some fantastic employees that are a pleasure to work with. Under the right management, this company could really take off, which is apparent in other offices around the world, but not this one.

Cons

The upper management of this company, which is basically the CEO and her husband, have no clue how to operate a business and know even less about how to treat people. The employees work very hard but are constantly berated by the boss. She is not good at communicating her expectations and has absolutely no respect for anyone's time but her own. She is the daughter of the owner of the company, which is her only qualification for her job. Pretty much no one at the company respects anything she says or does because her decisions are based on nothing but knee-jerk reactions to sometimes inaccurate information. When the company goes under, she'll have no one to blame but herself. I just feel bad for the great people she has working for her. She doesn't deserve them.

I would suggest that they hire managers and let them do their jobs. If you drew a organizational chart of this company, it would be the CEO in the middle with a line drawn to every employee. It is very difficult to manage people when she is on everyone's case, ruining any inkling of morale that is somehow left.

There are newer employer reviews for Unibind