Unidine

www.unidine.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Unidine

If only true to their own mission!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Unidine full-time (more than a year)

Pros

At unit levels, this contract company in my tenure, had a great product with superior culinary talent than their competitors in all of it's sectors.

Cons

Dysfunctional Leadership from the top down, with all management employees in fear of their future, and/or expectations. a company T/O is never kept up, cause it changes so rapidly. You are truly only as good as your last mistake. Technology resources are at least 5-7 years behind with little or no input from end users in order to improve.

CEO needs to seek first to understand, then be understood, so he knows who to trust and listen to. To quote, Et tu Brute!

23 Other Employee Reviews for Unidine (View Most Recent)

Management turnover HUGE red flag

Former Employee - Director
    Former Employee - Director

I worked at Unidine full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company's concept is a fresh approach and with the correct leadership could become a rival to larger contract food service companies.

Cons

Management turnover is incredibly high. This seems to be due to the fact that unrealistic expectations are set at the CEO level. Managers, at al levels, disappear on a daily basis. Benefit premiums are 200% of what I experienced at other comparable companies.

This company is growing quickly and when you do not surround yourself with long term employees with whom you have developed trust, you will crash and burn. I have had a successful career in this industry for over 15 years and I believe your human capital is the most valuable. I believe this CEO will only "learn" some valuable HR lessons the first time a wrongful termination suit is brought against him.

Tough food to swallow

I worked at Unidine full-time

Pros

Awesome team members who have a lot of heart and passion (depending on what department or kitchen your work for).

Cons

The CEO is a micromanager with impossible rules, procedures, and goals. Unidine is a food company, amazing food should be done with passion not in a combat militant environment. There is a lot of turnover here. DAILY! The management team is unstable because you are here one day and gone the next. The benefits are horrible!!!!! Employees pay 90% of their premiums. No work life balance at all. 2 weeks vacation is granted after 1 year of service. New moms to be or current moms need NOT apply! You are wasting your time!

Allow employees to reach their potential. Unidine can go so far if the CEO would appreciate his employees. At this rate, all I see is unions and higher turnover. I wont be surprised if all Unidine simply just walks out and leaves the CEO hanging. It can happen. The CEO is the poison to the madness at Unidine and its unstable future.

There are newer employer reviews for Unidine