There are newer employer reviews for Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-op

If you're the best at what you do maybe UFPC is the next step in your evolution.

Current Employee - Program/Purchasing/Distribution/Supply-Chain Management in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-op

Pros

The professionalism and industry expertise of the team members and management. The company makes every effort to equip us with the best IT and training. They effectively communicate company goals and objectives along with thorough quarterly updates provided by the CEO. There is a genuine spirit of comradery making it easy to focus on the challenge of the job at hand.

Cons

Being a co-op we are by design a lean operation. We were managing expenses when managing expenses wasn't cool but, the benefit of this stewardship is it prepared us for the difficult road ahead. Such as the recession we are presently weathering.

Stay the course.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-op (View Most Recent)

Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-op is now named Restaurant Supply Chain Solutions.

Former Employee - Program/Purchasing/Distribution/Supply-Chain Management in Louisville, KY

I worked at Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-op full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The professionalism and industry expertise of the team members and management. They effectively communicate company goals and objectives along with thorough quarterly updates provided by the CEO. Most of the people are great. Benefits are pretty solid. Profit sharing is nice.

Cons

Two restructuring layoffs of about 30 employees both times within the last few years.

Morale and work/life balance is declining.

Great experience until the first initial layoff.

Former Employee - N/A in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - N/A in Louisville, KY

I worked at Unified Foodservice Purchasing Co-op full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexibility and some great people.

Cons

Some of upper management lacked ability to coach and mentor others.

N/A