There are newer employer reviews for Unify

Great department, great co-workers, great benefits, scary C-level staff...

Former Employee - Operations Support  in  Reston, VA
Former Employee - Operations Support in Reston, VA

I worked at Unify full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its been a great learning experience, and I will miss the people I interact with daily. My manager was a very flexible guy, and very reasonable- best manager I have ever worked for.

Cons

There is a constant threat of downsizing. You can feel it in the air that the senior execs genuinely do not care about anyone, its just money- plain and simple. This place is run by a schizophrenic sinking bank.

This last round of layoff's, I didn't survive. It seems that whoever was in charge of making these decisions, really just threw darts at a board instead of actively thinking what is best for the company. Not calling myself extremely important, but our team was short staffed as it was... What a bunch of numbskulls running this place!!

Learn how to really run a business, not just milk it for all the money you can get. I guarantee they will be bankrupt before the end of next year.

181 Other Employee Reviews for Unify (View Most Recent)

Company has gone down hill. Stay Clear

I worked at Unify full-time

Pros

Great Product, Great, Motivated People

Cons

Awful Management. No Leadership. Continuous Reorgs. and Downsizings

Not a good situation

Current Employee - Middle Management
    Current Employee - Middle Management

I have been working at Unify full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

We have fallen so low that there isn't much further we can go. The people, for the most part, are still very good to work with.

Cons

Dropping market share, layoff, outsourcing, offshoring, continued cost cutting every quarter, no 401k match, forced vacation useage, no bonuses paid last year, no bonuses forecasted for this year, poor quality products, no training or career development, ridiculous bureaucracy, no empowerment for employees, no risk taking but a lot of blaming, cluessless and incompetent senior management, and on and on . . .

Fix the product portfolio, fix the product quality, get rid of the massive HQ overhead that is uselss, get on with re-branding. When are you going to realize that just changing top executives is not going to solve our problems. We need a real strategy, not just confussing words on a .ppt slide. Make the tough decisions to exit business segments and provide focus so we can actually do a few things well, vs. a lot of things poorly.

There are newer employer reviews for Unify

Worked for Unify? Contribute to the Community!