Unilever PLC
www.unilever.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Great place to learn about marketing fundamentals

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsUnilever is father/mother of marketing so the opportunity to work in the marketing function is hugely attractive. As a brand manager you "own" the brand and coordinate the rest of the company to grow/protect it.

ConsIt's a massive global company, so connections to overseas colleagues was much less than I was expecting. Also the functions are in silo's so you are not expected to look beyond your function.

Advice to Senior ManagementTwo changes should be assimilated quicker. 1) The role of private label and the threat from powerful retailers and 2) non traditional media (80% of marketing spend is still ATL)

Start your marketing career here, learn what you can and LEAVE after 1.5 yrs and work for a good company with better pay

Brand Manager (Former Employee)
    Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Unilever PLC

Pros: they used spend a ton on training and development. when employees start, they attend a three week course spreadout over the year in new york.… Cons: poor worklife balance in marketing, lack of recognition, senior management… Advice to Senior Management: listen to their employees and act on their concerns No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Really enjoyable work environment.

Finance Manager (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

I have been working at Unilever PLC

Pros: The people - there is a very strong community within the company and several of my colleagues are now friends of mine. The career advancement… Cons: Compensation is claimed to be at a premium above market rate… Advice to Senior Management: To be more transparent about the direction of the company… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Unilever PLC.

Worked for Unilever PLC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Unilever PLC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Unilever PLC CEO Paul Polman. All reviews posted anonymously by Unilever PLC employees.