Unilever PLC

www.unilever.com
  www.unilever.com
There are newer employer reviews for Unilever PLC

Unilever, a lovely company to work for.

I have been working at Unilever PLC

Pros

Unilever is a lovely company to work for with awesome opportunities for learning, personal and professional development through trainings and on the job skills acquisition. There are systems and processes in place to guide and aid performance. There is strong emphasis on delivery of set targets while not compromising ones integrity

Cons

There is usually a lot to do so if time management is not a strong competence, there is the tendency to get work life balance wrong.

I'm enjoying my career in Unilever and I think it is a result of the clarity of the focus and direction of the leadership team. There are also many members of the leadership team that inspire confidence and respect in me.

48 Other Employee Reviews for Unilever PLC (View Most Recent)

Great place to learn about marketing fundamentals

I worked at Unilever PLC

Pros

Unilever is father/mother of marketing so the opportunity to work in the marketing function is hugely attractive. As a brand manager you "own" the brand and coordinate the rest of the company to grow/protect it.

Cons

It's a massive global company, so connections to overseas colleagues was much less than I was expecting. Also the functions are in silo's so you are not expected to look beyond your function.

Two changes should be assimilated quicker. 1) The role of private label and the threat from powerful retailers and 2) non traditional media (80% of marketing spend is still ATL)

Start your marketing career here, learn what you can and LEAVE after 1.5 yrs and work for a good company with better pay

Former Employee - Brand Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Unilever PLC

Pros

they used spend a ton on training and development. when employees start, they attend a three week course spreadout over the year in new york. It teaches you the fundamentals of marketing and you learn from some very bright people. Unilever has a traditional approach to marketing that gives you a solid foundation for your career. I'd highly recommend someone out of school working here or someone with an interest in marketing with no skills. However, leave after a few years because the balance at work is non existent and you can get way better paying jobs, better career progression elsewhere.

Cons

poor worklife balance in marketing, lack of recognition, senior management always a step behind the competition

listen to their employees and act on their concerns

There are newer employer reviews for Unilever PLC