Unilever PLC

www.unilever.com
  www.unilever.com
There are newer employer reviews for Unilever PLC

Start your marketing career here, learn what you can and LEAVE after 1.5 yrs and work for a good company with better pay

Former Employee - Brand Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Former Employee - Brand Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Unilever PLC

Pros

they used spend a ton on training and development. when employees start, they attend a three week course spreadout over the year in new york. It teaches you the fundamentals of marketing and you learn from some very bright people. Unilever has a traditional approach to marketing that gives you a solid foundation for your career. I'd highly recommend someone out of school working here or someone with an interest in marketing with no skills. However, leave after a few years because the balance at work is non existent and you can get way better paying jobs, better career progression elsewhere.

Cons

poor worklife balance in marketing, lack of recognition, senior management always a step behind the competition

listen to their employees and act on their concerns

48 Other Employee Reviews for Unilever PLC (View Most Recent)

Really enjoyable work environment.

Current Employee - Finance Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Unilever PLC

Pros

The people - there is a very strong community within the company and several of my colleagues are now friends of mine. The career advancement opportunities are very good, there is a clear career proposition and plenty of chances to prove yourself and to deliver real value and growth to the company. The work/life balance is excellent, managers are very good about letting you take time off/leave early if you need to. There are excellent opportunities to work abroad.

Cons

Compensation is claimed to be at a premium above market rate but isn't. Unilever can also be a bit 'soft' for some people.

To be more transparent about the direction of the company instead of justifiying decisions made reterospectively.

Great work atmosphere for interns, Co op is highly recommended!

Former Employee - Category Procurement Analyst Intern in Trumbull, CT
    Former Employee - Category Procurement Analyst Intern in Trumbull, CT

I worked at Unilever PLC as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The work atmosphere in the Trumbull, CT office was family oriented. People were always very friendly to one another and teams felt like families. As an intern, I was highly respected among all my coworkers. There is a lot of room to grow in the company too with the companies rotational program.

Cons

I was not a fan of the location in Trumbull, CT but that is personal preference.

N/A