There are newer employer reviews for Unilever

A good company on the way to greatness that I'm proud to work for

Current Employee - Brand Development Director in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Brand Development Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Unilever

Pros

- Awesome training program. Its Marketing Academy is perhaps the industry's best.
- Caring leadership. One key reason I've been so committed to the company is due to the great leaders I've been lucky enough to work with.
- Global opportunities when it comes to career advancement and professional experience
- Great brands with many having claiming market leader position in their respective categories

Cons

- Complex organizational structure with lots of stakeholders to manage
- HR system and people have some way to go
- Brand building - Brand development structure still have a long way to go to make it really work

Advice to Management

Listen more to feedback
Actively create forums for employees to do so (not just the annual Global People Survey)
Show how you act on the feedback - in details

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Stay away from I.T here

Former Employee - IT
    Former Employee - IT

I worked at Unilever

Pros

Good people to work with. Company store is a nice perk. Salary is competitive with other companies of the same size.
    Free coffee is a nice perk and ice cream socials are nice with Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

Cons

Management has made poor decisions. Bonuses are minimal. Many jobs lead to dead ends. IT has been outsourced which was most likely a bad move for the company. A lot of good people have left because of this and have taken oppurtunites else where.

Advice to Management

To think about what is best for the company in the long term and not the short term.

Start your marketing career here, learn what you can and LEAVE after 1.5 yrs and work for a good company with better pay

Former Employee - Brand Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Unilever

Pros

they used spend a ton on training and development. when employees start, they attend a three week course spreadout over the year in new york. It teaches you the fundamentals of marketing and you learn from some very bright people. Unilever has a traditional approach to marketing that gives you a solid foundation for your career. I'd highly recommend someone out of school working here or someone with an interest in marketing with no skills. However, leave after a few years because the balance at work is non existent and you can get way better paying jobs, better career progression elsewhere.

Cons

poor worklife balance in marketing, lack of recognition, senior management always a step behind the competition

Advice to Management

listen to their employees and act on their concerns