There are newer employer reviews for Unilever

Unilever-- know what you are getting yourself into

Current Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Unilever

Pros

great resume line; tons of outside opportunities

Cons

too much bureaucracu; can't react to the market fast enough; not a sales driven organization; marketers need to spend much more time with customers

Don't be surprised about attrition considering your salary modeal

716 Other Employee Reviews for Unilever (View Most Recent)

Wonderfully chaotic

Former Employee - Sales Analyst
    Former Employee - Sales Analyst

I worked at Unilever

Pros

Unilever is huge and has very good opportunities. There are many different career paths and experiences, and generally amazing people to work with.

Cons

Due to it's large size and piecemeal heritage, Unilever often seems hectic and unorganized. It is frustrating to get things done sometimes, and many situations require a lot of creative effort and knowing the right people. In the lower levels, there is a mix of laid back and work-a-holics, but many of the director level and above have "sold their souls" to Unilever.

Remember people are one of your most important assets, and "global" may not work all the time.

Pay attention to the little people!

Current Employee - Research Associate  in  Trumbull, CT
    Current Employee - Research Associate in Trumbull, CT

I have been working at Unilever

Pros

I believe the opportunites to work in diverse areas and to travel and experience different culture within the context of a work experience are definite pluses. In addition, you could really take advantage of benefits such as tuition reimbursement or even further your interests in supporting volunteer activities. I have been able to volunteer my time during work hours to help build houses for Habitat for Humanity and also to spend time in inner city schools speaking to middle school students through Junior Achievement. I think few employers support these efforts as wholeheartedly as Unilever.

Cons

As with large companies, there is a lot of bureacracy involved which makes change often slow and/or complex.

Pay attention to the little people, they are the one that do all the work!

There are newer employer reviews for Unilever

Worked for Unilever? Contribute to the Community!