Unilever
www.unilever.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Poor Management and No Guidance

Supply Chain (Former Employee)
Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I worked at Unilever full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWork life balance. The company allows you to work from home when needed.

ConsThe company is constantly restructuring, spending all of their time focused on the bottom line and very little to no time on its actual employees.

Transitions between roles are stretched out over months causing employees to work multiple jobs and long hours.

Poor Management and turn over leaves employees either zero management or multiple mangers in one year.

Programs in place for mentors or employer advancement are poorly managed unless you are a member of their SCMP program. Full time employees have the option to join a management program however the likelihoods of a promotion is low.

Regular employee programs are so poorly managed that employees tend to wait over a year for a mentor.

Unless you are hired from the outside compensation is very low. Recent college graduates are not offered competitive salaries and must leave the company in order to receive industry standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some management and focus on the employees.

Reconsider working in IT

IT Manager (Former Employee)
Trumbull, CT

I worked at Unilever full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good company to work for... in the right functional area. If you work in Supply Chain, Marketing, Research and other areas that are focussed on… Cons: Massive outsourcing in IT over the past few years, many senior leaders in IT have left the company. Currently moving Desktop and Client to India...… Advice to Senior Management: You would not consider putting somone in charge of marketing that does not have any marketing qualifications or background.. .so why did you put somone… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

great company... too many politics

Customer Business Manager (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Unilever full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: great place to learn with tons of people willing to support,… Cons: salary not in line with market; left for 40% raise in same job; most… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Unilever.

Worked for Unilever? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Unilever reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Unilever CEO Paul Polman. All reviews posted anonymously by Unilever employees.