Unilever
www.unilever.com London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

A great place for highly talented people to build their careers

Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I have been working at Unilever full-time for more than 10 years

ProsStrong performance culture. Results are rewarded, face-time is not. Be prepared to work really hard but you will learn from other very talented people with a commitment to delivering at a very high level. Competitive pay for good performers. Ethical company with a strong commitment to sustainability. Really relationship-driven and networked company and you will likely get to know colleagues all over the globe. Diversity is valued and generally the work environment is inclusive.

ConsNot a place for average performers as they will find work too challenging and will likely wash out eventually. Be prepared to work early and late days, some weekends and some holidays. I won't be able to take my vacation time this year because the workload is so heavy. In fact, I'll be happy to take off a long weekend for Christmas and a long weekend for New Years. When you are sick, you will either come to the office or work from home. People don't quit working when they're sick because no one else picks up the slack and you're so much worse off when you return to work. Same thing with vacations. You can't disconnect.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork life balance is an issue. Workloads are heavy, expectations are high and so stress is also high. Employees are burning out and management should address this or there will be an exodus from the company as the economy improves.

Encouraging, inspiring, dedicated

Customer Development Intern (Former Employee)
Rogers, AR

I worked at Unilever as an intern for less than a year

Pros: The company's learning culture is invaluable to an intern and entry-level employees. It has so… Cons: Because the company is so large, getting answers from human resources takes some time. Human resources for North America is centralized at its New Jersey… Advice to Senior Management: HR needs to be more personalized. From my observations with my own manager, employees fill out a survey once or twice a year to evaluate… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

fantastic foundation for my career

Consumer Insights (Current Employee)
Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I have been working at Unilever full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: exposure to tons of research techniques, from product development and packaging to ad campaigns to in-market evaluations.… Cons: the split between brand development and brand building creates a lot of extra work, namely through prolonged, self-serving… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Unilever.

Worked for Unilever? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Unilever reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Unilever CEO Paul Polman. All reviews posted anonymously by Unilever employees.