Customer Service Lisle IL

Former Employee - Customer Service Analyst in Lisle, IL
Former Employee - Customer Service Analyst in Lisle, IL

I worked at Unilever full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid management, focused on goals, supportive to staff. Great team synergy with sales and supply chain.

Cons

Relocated the work to Connecticut.

Other Employee Reviews for Unilever

Needs some work

Current Employee - R&D Manager
    Current Employee - R&D Manager

I have been working at Unilever full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with and working on personal care brands is fulfilling

Cons

The forced processes for end of year evaluations end up negatively impacting some people who do not deserve it. Promotions tend to be given based on who you know and popularity rather than merit.

Advice to Management

Work on the pay for performance culture, the current systems don't support it fairly.

Lost

Former Intern - Supply Chain in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
    Former Intern - Supply Chain in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I worked at Unilever as an intern

Pros

Work/Life balance was great, good people, not a lot of bureaucracy, upper-management does an excellent and competent job

Cons

Not great at matching skill-set to task, bad at project follow-through, a lot of brainless co-workers, a lot of brash people in the NJ office, a lot of ideas and not a lot of actions

Advice to Management

When I was on a co-op in 2011 we were told that Unilever strives to retain their interns. I finished my co-op and received an excellent evaluation and an offer to come back. I built my experience the next summer at different company before graduating and interviewing for a full-time position with Unilever. I didn't even make it to the second interview -- perhaps this is why the lower-level talent struggles around you! This mired my time here throughout various projects: Great ideas, no execution!