There are newer employer reviews for Unilever

Its had its ups and downs.

Current Employee - Finance Manager in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Current Employee - Finance Manager in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I have been working at Unilever full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Big company, lots of opportunity if you are flexible and can move around the world. Great entry level job, but then get out by the time you make it to manager. Nice sustainability agenda.

Cons

Zero growth in NJ. Less upper management roles every year. Downsize and restructuring is the norm. Work life balance is poor. Leadership does not deliver. Leadership is encouraging an up or out mentality... meaning if you are not promoted in a couple years, you will be let go.

Be careful what you wish for as you'll be losing a lot of your top talent.

749 Other Employee Reviews for Unilever (View Most Recent)

Supply chain co-op

Former Employee - Supply Chain Co-Op in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Co-Op in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I worked at Unilever as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Coming in with zero experience, my time here really helped me grasp concepts that I learned in the classroom. Having this company on my résumé really gave me a competitive edge compared to other students.

Cons

Lack of attention from some managers that did not care about the work I was trying to contribute.

Lost

Former Employee - Supply Chain in Englewood Cliffs, NJ
    Former Employee - Supply Chain in Englewood Cliffs, NJ

I worked at Unilever as an intern

Pros

Work/Life balance was great, good people, not a lot of bureaucracy, upper-management does an excellent and competent job

Cons

Not great at matching skill-set to task, bad at project follow-through, a lot of brainless co-workers, a lot of brash people in the NJ office, a lot of ideas and not a lot of actions

When I was on a co-op in 2011 we were told that Unilever strives to retain their interns. I finished my co-op and received an excellent evaluation and an offer to come back. I built my experience the next summer at different company before graduating and interviewing for a full-time position with Unilever. I didn't even make it to the second interview -- perhaps this is why the lower-level talent struggles around you! This mired my time here throughout various projects: Great ideas, no execution!

There are newer employer reviews for Unilever