Union Bank N.A.

www.unionbank.com
  www.unionbank.com
There are newer employer reviews for Union Bank N.A.

micromanagement plus stress but decent pay

Current Employee - Analyst in Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Analyst in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Union Bank N.A. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

lots of projects and people

Cons

little resources and too much siloing

upgrade your technology from the 90's

268 Other Employee Reviews for Union Bank N.A. (View Most Recent)

Disappointing Acquisition Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Union Bank N.A. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I recieved an increase in pay and the benefits were fairly good.

Cons

They took over a small community bank with lots of talk and hype about being a great place to work. Top management and Federal regulators tried to convince employees that this was a perfect match when nothing could have been further from the truth.

Management implied that they were going to take care of the employees and look at all the systems to see which were better. Their systems were surprisingly out dated, slow and cumbersome and yet the "better" systems were shut down and a majority of the employees lost their jobs or left.

As a former employee of the "acquired" bank, I've never felt so disrespected or shown such a lack of trust by an employer, even after the finger printing and extensive background checks. The processes and procedures put in place reinforced their lack of trust and made it difficult to service the customers. Customers were practically running out the door when "service" started meaning getting products shoved down their throats whether they needed it or not.

The arrogance and condescension shown by the "new" management was appalling. It's no wonder that you can drive by any branch and see empty lobbies.

When taking over another company, be up front and honest and try to have some integrity.

Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Union Bank N.A. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have a boss who trusts in my abilities, even when I doubt myself. I am looked at as a go to person because if I dont have an answer, i will find out, and i am encouraged to continue learning everyday so that I can better myself within the company. Yes, the software is just barely starting to move out of the 90's, but the company is great to work for. We have great benefits, an opportunity to retire with a pension if you put in the work, and people who respect you. who could ask for more? Seriously!

Cons

The software needs to be updated into the 2000's but they are working on it.

Continue to work on the Leadership development and encouraging the management to appreciate their direct reports. Appreciation is how you build a loyal workforce.

There are newer employer reviews for Union Bank N.A.