Unisource Worldwide

www.unisourceworldwide.com
  www.unisourceworldwide.com
There are newer employer reviews for Unisource Worldwide

Great place to work if you can get in & stay a long time...

I worked at Unisource Worldwide full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, management, benefits, fair and reasonable to people not in sales..

Cons

If you've been there awhile, fear of being laid off, or restructured out...Hard to break into Sales from other departments, very few women in sales positions.

Being laid off before retirement is bad...and that's all I can say. Part of me is relieved not to have to worry about it anymore..Thank god for severance pay and my degree in Education.

69 Other Employee Reviews for Unisource Worldwide (View Most Recent)

I'm able to provide a comfortable living for my family

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Unisource Worldwide

Pros

P{rovides a decent benefit package, which is important to someone that has a family. I really like working for my manager in our local division. Also enjoy muy coworkers.
    Recognized by my vendors in the industry as a company they want to be partnered with.

Cons

A lot of micro-managing through electronic tools.
    The commission structure requires large orders to get paid. (Compensation is 100% commision only ... no other allowances or reimbusements for vehicles or any other expenses)
    Latest change is on orders that fall below the commission mimnimum ...not only will we not get paid, we're going to be charged $12 for each invoice that falls below the minimum. This new plolicy is going to have the sales force to walk away from a lot of orders that would have been taken to support other business within the customer. Also, we will be less likely to take on a new customer that may take a little time to grow into a larger account pay commission that will instead cost us a $12 charge per order until it reaches that point ...sometimes this is necessary to grow a customer.
    Most of this is bieng driven by Unisource's major stake holder.
    Reward programs are geared to reward only the top echelon, mostly the same reps year after year. As a result, those in the middle realize that there is no real chance to compete for these from the very beginning of the year. Therefore, there really is no incentive to achieve thois goal.

Need to look more at the long term results We realize that we won't get paid on orders below the GTM$ minimum and have accepted that. Now you want us to pay $12 for that in additiuon to not getting paid. You've got to realize that not getting paid is incentive enough to try and grow orders. This new "penalty" to drive behaviour will also penalize us for backorders beyond the control of the rep which in some instances can affect the intial order as well as the backorder, resulting in multiple penalties.
    Because of the current economic climate, reps are reluctant to leave the organization, but look out once the econmy improves, and it eventually will.

Great Place

I have been working at Unisource Worldwide

Pros

Balance in work-home life. Positive and interested managers. Challenging environment for people who don't mind work.

Cons

Impossibly high workload at times. Pace of projects and wandering priorities is somewhat frustrating at times.

There are newer employer reviews for Unisource Worldwide