Unisource Worldwide

www.unisourceworldwide.com
There are newer employer reviews for Unisource Worldwide

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Unisource Worldwide full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good starting salary, excellent teamwork

Cons

None that I can think of.

Keep your employees in mind

73 Other Employee Reviews for Unisource Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Toxic!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Unisource Worldwide full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Easy location to commute to and from. The dress code is casual. Many nearby restaurants to escape to from the office on lunch. The couches in the employee lounge are very comfortable. The work is easy enough once you come around the learning curve and is plentiful to help speed the day by. Wretched work environment helps to motivate looking for a better, more fulfilling career.

Cons

This is, without a doubt, the most toxic office environment I have ever had the misfortune to work in. Managers rule by fear, threats, intimidation, and hypocrisy. Office bullying is the norm with supervisors and co-workers alike employing underhanded tactics such as intimidation through verbal aggression, playing mind games, harsh ridicule, serious threats, backstabbing, and emotional blackmail. I have never felt more isolated and alone within a company than at Unisource; not even being able to trust the co-workers within my own dept. and "team". My own sense of self-worth was being diminished within the first month of employment as the continued abuse gave me frayed emotions, rattled nerves, reduced confidence, and a sense of mental exhaustion. Within the first six months I was threatened with losing my job 3 times despite being an honest hard-worker. Throughout the company there seems to be widespread anger and frustration, obvious hypocrisy, dysfunctional co-worker relationships, and overly restrictive systems and policies that are unregulated by an incompetent and powerless HR Dept. This is a company that treats profits as sacred and employees as doormats, and as a result their ethics and values suffer to the point of being non-existent.

Treat others as you wish to be treated instead of allowing hypocrisy to reign. Show your employees the respect they deserve as professionals and human beings and see them increase their productivity instead of watching them walk out the door after they've quit. Promote teamwork and developing positive co-worker relationships up and down the chain-of-command instead of isolating everyone from one another. Grow up and stop fostering a bully-oriented, toxic office environment.

Great

I worked at Unisource Worldwide

Pros

benefits friendly vacation great pay

Cons

long hours, managers have no training

There are newer employer reviews for Unisource Worldwide