Unisys

www.unisys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Unisys

Great people to work with, but the company is losing it's way

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Unisys

Pros

You get to work with some very smart, very experienced people. The CEO, Ed Coleman seems to very much care where the company is headed and is a very easy person to talk to. I would say many people have their business "heart" in the right place. On a personal level salary and benefits are good, but perhaps not great. in this day and age a decent salary is tough to come by, so my appreciation to this company for that.

Cons

This company has shrunk so much in the last 10 years that it has become impossible to get anything done with any level of quality or pride. We are basically set up to fail. I get the same comment from my colleagues in many areas so it isn't just me. You are on your own which, sometimes can be a good thing, but in this case isn't.
This company continues to think and act as if we were one of the "big guys", but those days are over.
Work / life is completely out of balance... you get decent vacation time, but you can never take it.
Don't expect to coast in this company (not really a con)... life is more of a frenzied scrambling and hanging on for dear life.

It is time to stop trying to compete head on with the big boys on every front and instead carve out a few select niches where we can effectively compete. You are setting us up to fail. take the smart people you have, create teams that actually have enough people to be effective and focus them on where we really want to be successful.

784 Other Employee Reviews for Unisys (View Most Recent)

It was a job...

Former Employee - Program Manager in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Reston, VA

I worked at Unisys

Pros

Good people working in the trenchs; will pay a fair wage (to start), exellent training opportunities and a flexible work environment

Cons

For the past ten years the company has changed their business strategy almost on a yearly basis. It's been a revolving door at the upper management level with each new exec wanting to change how Unisys does business. Problem is that the organization never has time to adjust and gain traction before the next sweeping change takes place. It has severely damaged morale which is easily seen by the company's performance over the past few years.

Make an intelligent plan and stick to it! The corporate culture has to be client focused, and internal politics solely for personal gain should not be tolerated!

Not a good company anymore

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I worked at Unisys

Pros

The salaries paid out are quite generous. In fact, one could argue too generous, and that probably impacts Unisys' ability to compete for new business.

Cons

Cost structure out of whack with competition. The company also suffers from poor management - misstep after misstep the last five years.

There are a few markets in which Unisys is doing well, eg Australia, new Zealand, brazil, and a few others. I'd focus on those markets and divest from other markets (eg, US Federal government market) where Unisys cannot compete.

There are newer employer reviews for Unisys